Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Almost always sounds shit on TV tbf, even somewhere like Anfield which has more than one proper singing section.

At the United game, I was literally sat in the furthest seat next to the away section. Could not believe how quiet it was. By the time the noise gets to your end of the stadium, it's died out. Was pretty eye opening after sitting in the Kop and main stand previously.

34 minutes ago, Nerf said:

At the United game, I was literally sat in the furthest seat next to the away section. Could not believe how quiet it was. By the time the noise gets to your end of the stadium, it's died out. Was pretty eye opening after sitting in the Kop and main stand previously.

I was in the Stretford End for Stoke and somebody said how quiet it was after watching on TV but it was really loud where I was. Sat in the SAF stand for the Fenerbahce match more recently and while it was OK, it was nothing like being in the main singing end. When I go up in a few weeks we're in SAF stand again but closer to the Stretford End next time so it should be better. Hoping to be in the Stretford End for Boro on New Years Eve, but with the performances they're putting in against big teams away from home this season, I'm not looking forward to it too much! 

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

That game was an anomaly in terms of matches against United especially given past experiences of matches against them. Combination of an extremely  piss poor match and a nervous crowd. 

But yeh Anfield wasn't what it once was but when it's booming it's bloody loud...that applies to most teams though especially the bigger clubs.  

Conte got us to react in the 90th minute after we'd spent most of the game - literally since Pedro's goal in the opening minute - going fucking nuts, but had slipped into a blissful contentment while the team idly passed the ball around without purpose for the final 20 minutes. Sue us.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Just Joe said:

Victor Anichebe playing on with a cracked rib to help his team win the game. Massive Babyface.

But was he put on a stretcher only to heroically push aside the medical staff and soldier on? If not, how are we supposed to know how he overcame all the odds?

• Like 5