Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

19 minutes ago, Nerf said:

As far as I'm aware, yes, this is the case, and it's ruddy ridiculous.

Has that ever happened at a WC or EC? Because there are no sponsors. Still a stupid rule.

It's a ridiculous rule but yeah, pretty sure it's to do with the sponsors. It's why you don't see the ref marching towards the bench when a player is about to come on and booking him for getting a nipple out. It's only in effect when they're active in a game, and why players can freely swap shirts at full time. Or half time if you're a dick.

• Like 1

Just Googled it and there still doesn't seem to be a definitive answer, only that it is considered unsportsmanlike in the FIFA rules.

Other suggestions include the delay of the game because it won't get restarted as quickly as it should. I did also see the sponsors mentioned, and how they could have maximum exposure after a goal is scored but it's taken away when a player removes his shirt. 

I think we can all agree the rule is a bit shit either way.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Just Googled it and there still doesn't seem to be a definitive answer, only that it is considered unsportsmanlike in the FIFA rules.

Other suggestions include the delay of the game because it won't get restarted as quickly as it should. I did also see the sponsors mentioned, and how they could have maximum exposure after a goal is scored but it's taken away when a player removes his shirt. 

I think we can all agree the rule is a bit shit either way.

Disagree entirely, it's a sensible rule tied to the overexuberant celebration rule, is pretty simple to comply with and I wish Mitrovic would bloody start doing so. The sponsor issue is a load of rubbish.

I just remembered that the West Brom fans were singing "WE'VE GOT THE BALL, WE'VE GOT THE BALL, WE'VE LOST THE BALL! WE'VE LOST THE BALL! WE'VE LOST THE BALL!" during their game against City, with a seamless transition between between the two phrases :lol: 

• Like 7