Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

On 30/10/2016 at 17:30, Colly said:

Disagree entirely, it's a sensible rule tied to the overexuberant celebration rule, is pretty simple to comply with and I wish Mitrovic would bloody start doing so. The sponsor issue is a load of rubbish.

Well, upon further reflection, Firmino's goal should have been disallowed. He actually removed his shirt before it had crossed the line, which would be a foul. Imagine if the ref called THAT.

• Like 1

Danny Ings is meant to be out for the rest of the season after injuring his right knee :(

Genuinely gutted for him. He's had no luck whatsoever the past two seasons. 

10 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Danny Ings is meant to be out for the rest of the season after injuring his right knee :(

Genuinely gutted for him. He's had no luck whatsoever the past two seasons. 

He had 122 league games for Burnley between 2011-2015. He's had 6 league games for Liverpool since then. Whats going on there?

I was impressed with him in his first few games under Rodgers as he was the only positive in an extremely shit and depressing start to last season and then he got injured.

This season he has been a great professional and worked hard with the u23's kept his head down and got on with his job. I was made up when he came on against Tottenham and the reception he got for someone who hadn't played much showed how appreciated he was. 

It's a real shame as he's got a natural ability to finish and you knew he was going to give it his all. I was made up when we signed him and going into this season I was made up with the depth we had in terms of strikers. Really gutted for him. 

I really miss the personalities of football. All the top players are too professional, everything is too sterile, there aren't any characters left in the game. There are no silly moustaches, no silly afros, no karate kicks to fans, no Edgar Davids glasses, no stupid Jimmy Bullard antics. You can't even take your top off for fear of getting a booking. And where have the knee high tackles gone?  

No silly haircuts? Have you seen the likes of Pogba, Coman, Sakho and that shit player Sunderland signed in the summer?

Though Javier Pinola did shave off his skullet. That was a sad day for football.

11 minutes ago, Gazz said:

No silly haircuts? Have you seen the likes of Pogba, Coman, Sakho and that shit player Sunderland signed in the summer?

Though Javier Pinola did shave off his skullet. That was a sad day for football.

Rene Higuita. Carlos Valderrama. Alexi Lalas.

Also, sweepers and player managers.

24 minutes ago, MDK said:

I really miss the personalities of football. All the top players are too professional, everything is too sterile, there aren't any characters left in the game. There are ... no silly afros, ... no stupid Jimmy Bullard antics. ... And where have the knee high tackles gone?  

Thank goodness for David Luiz. :shifty: 

On 10/30/2016 at 17:33, Mad Jack said:

I think the rule should be there solely to allow me to continue to believe that Ryan Giggs' chest hair intimidated everyone into creating it.

I was poncing about YouTube for a while and come across that goal from Giggsy. Its a work of art. I mean like renaissance art. Nothing flashy, just beats his man with dribbling and that is it No fancy Ronaldo chops, no fancy wanky dribbling bollocks, just quick feet, beating defenders (sometimes twice) and smashing it near corner.