Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 hour ago, Freelance Hobo said:

I don't know if he's the type of player (the type that say, Kolo Toure and Gary MacAllister were at Liverpool) who'll come in and use their experience to benefit the team.

This is an incredibly polite way to call him a bellend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Sure, but if it was LVG or Moyes losing 4-0 at Chelsea, or going out to bore Liverpool to death, the knives would've been out for them.

Pretty sure I wasn't calling for LVG's head a few months into the job when we got spanked 4-0 by MK Dons.

Mourinho will take his share of the blame for Sunday, but much like under LVG and Moyes, the players have to as well. You can't legislate for defenders hesitating and your keeper going walkies inside 30 seconds of a match. That shit is usually FIFA exclusive.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2016 at 01:08, Mad Jack said:

This idea that Zlatan and Pogba are being 'dragged down' or 'held back' by other players in the United squad is insulting. Neither of those players has set the world alight since joining and have been outshone - as have all our players - by Rashford, who continues to be our best player.

The truly great players lift teams. Ronaldo, when he found his feet, lifted a United side that had lost big players and was definitely in transition. Likewise, Leo Messi stepped up and lifted Barcelona to a new level after they lost the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco. For £96 million and for whatever wages Zlatan is on, I'd be expecting them to lift United regardless of teammates.

tl;dr Danny Mills is a fucking joke.

When?

He's been largely mediocre this season, along with everyone else. Our best individual player has arguably been Valencia who, for all his improvement, still looks like a winger playing at full back.

No one has excelled in more than the odd game so far. That's why we're where we are. It's not simply Pogba's fault, Zlatan's fault, the rest of the team or the manager's fault. Collectively we haven't been good enough.

LVG (and even Moyes) got more of a grace period than you seem to want to give Mourinho.

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

And I will maintain that Lingard isn't this world beater that some United fans would have you believe. He scored a good goal last Thursday so will probably go missing for another 10 games now. At least his Pogba's best mate though, right?

A player like Memphis has a poor run of games and there are immediate calls for him to be sold, whereas Lingard can be average 90% of the time and you don't hear much said. I want Lingard to do well like every other United fan but I'm not seeing what others are, it seems. He's not exactly a youngster and even though he's had bad luck with injuries, there's a reason it's taken him so long to get in.

34 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It was a cracking header.

Would appreciate a Sunderland equaliser but for the sake of the predictions, if Arsenal grab another and stop there, that'd be fine too.

Got your wish.