Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

This weekend in terms of footy has been perfect because 

A) We won
B) Arsenal, City and Tottenham all dropped points (Just a shame we conceded but hey a wins a win) 
C) Everton done an Everton 
D) United got twatted by Chelsea
E) Mourinho got twatted 
F) We actually won when everyone else dropped points 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

A) We won
B) Arsenal, City and Tottenham all dropped points (Just a shame we conceded but hey a wins a win) 
E) Mourinho got twatted 
G) Orient won

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

A) We won
E) Mourinho got twatted 

And yet still lost by a more respectable scoreline than you did against Burnley. :shifty:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Troy Saint said:

And yet still lost by a more respectable scoreline than you did against Burnley. :shifty:

And yet you're still looking up the table at us :shifty:

• Like 2

This idea that Zlatan and Pogba are being 'dragged down' or 'held back' by other players in the United squad is insulting. Neither of those players has set the world alight since joining and have been outshone - as have all our players - by Rashford, who continues to be our best player.

The truly great players lift teams. Ronaldo, when he found his feet, lifted a United side that had lost big players and was definitely in transition. Likewise, Leo Messi stepped up and lifted Barcelona to a new level after they lost the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco. For £96 million and for whatever wages Zlatan is on, I'd be expecting them to lift United regardless of teammates.

tl;dr Danny Mills is a fucking joke.

• Like 5

The Telegraph has apparently obtained a forged bank letter that supplied false information to the Football League by Watford and/or Gino Pozzo back when Pozzo became owner in 2014.

I for one am shocked that the son of Giampaolo Pozzo, banned from holding any positions at Udinese for a betting scandal and accused of match fixing, could be involved in anything potentially criminal or inappropriate.

The letter is supposedly from a branch of HSBC that doesn't deal with any corporate finance and there's also the fact that Watford nor the Pozzo family have ever been a customer of HSBC.

Basically, the FA ownership checks are at best, useless, at worst, non-existant.

@Mad Jack I mean, Zlatan is 35. He's never played in England before and he's playing up front by himself. I think it makes sense that he's not going to be setting the world on fire week in week out.

13 minutes ago, Freelance Hobo said:

@Mad Jack I mean, Zlatan is 35. He's never played in England before and he's playing up front by himself. I think it makes sense that he's not going to be setting the world on fire week in week out.

He's also the most heavily hyped transfer that didn't cost £90 million in the summer, coming off of a massive goal scoring haul for PSG. I think it's fair to expect more than he's shown thus far and for him to use his experience to lift the team.

• Like 1

I don't know if he's the type of player (the type that say, Kolo Toure and Gary MacAllister were at Liverpool) who'll come in and use their experience to benefit the team.

1 hour ago, Freelance Hobo said:

I don't know if he's the type of player (the type that say, Kolo Toure and Gary MacAllister were at Liverpool) who'll come in and use their experience to benefit the team.

Gary Mac :wub:

I don't really need to expand on this any further. 

Gary McAllister was such a wonderful footballer

1 hour ago, Freelance Hobo said:

How dare you say Kolo Toure in the same sentence as Gary McAllister. 

• Like 1