Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

On 20/11/2016 at 16:13, MDK said:

I prefer a one minute applause. 

For a former player or similar yes, not for Remembrance Day and it's assorted footie silences. That said the 20th of November is surely far too late for it.

To echo Stoker some idiots at St James' started clapping it too, but it died off within 15 seconds presumably after getting a clip from their neighbours.

Off topic I played footie tonight and I've never seen worse weather in all my 33 years. My pants were fucking drenched, and you can out of context that as much as you like.

• Like 3

He was one of the best midfielders in the world at one point. He could be a little frustrating at times but you could tell he loved playing for Liverpool and that playing for Liverpool meant so much to him that it maybe became a bit of a millstone. I hope he ends up coaching at Liverpool's academy.

Feels weird knowing that him and Carragher are now both retired. I grew up with Gerrard as a Liverpool player and he's probably one of the best players I've ever witnessed. I've lost count of the amount of times he grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and took them to trophies or winning matches. It's sad that there isn't another local player in the team now. Someone who represented and loved Liverpool. 

Hopefully he gets a job working with the academy as I think he's got a lot to offer to the younger players. 

• Like 1