Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Just now, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

Frustrated by the draw as we were the better side by far, and should have buried several chances. Southampton defended well though. Really want Klopp to stop waiting for so late for some changes though. I don't see why he waited so long to bring on Sturridge, and especially Origi. A draw at Southampton isn't terrible.

We always seem to not perform to our usual standards after an international break.... A point against a side we normally struggle against is a decent result. Southampton had no desire to try and win that game and defended exceptionally. The centre mid pairing of Romeu and Hojbjerg kept breaking up a lot of attacks and Van Dijk had an excellent game. We created chances but only a handful you would think was a goal scoring opportunity. Clyne should have scored and Firmino should have scored. 

Ah well, a point against a top 8 team away from home, a clean sheet and we are still technically top of the table. On paper, we have a nice couple of games coming up.

31 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

So with 25 minutes left, both Man City and Liverpool are drawing... They'll be winning by the end though, surely.

Well I was half right.

Now I'm required to hope that West Ham get a result...what grim times are these.

I agree, it's not a bad result at all, and any time we can manage a clean sheet it's a good thing. I can't believe those Firmino and Clyne chances didn't go in!

And I can't say I'm surprised that Yaya comes back and nets a brace for City

5 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

Defoe's goal today was absolutely magical. 

Oh, shut up, some of us aren't as good as The Mighty Sunderland <_< 

So Spurs long term tactic is to sign players called "Harry"