2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Hope he gets better soon but its probably a good thing. Pele would have found a microphone and spoken for about 6 hours about how many goals he's scored and how no one is better than him. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Hope he gets better soon but its probably a good thing. Pele would have found a microphone and spoken for about 6 hours about how many goals he's scored and how no one is better than him. 

He wouldn't be wrong :wub:

• Like 2

Yours had a musical tribute to Tim fucking Berners-Lee. Don't get cocky :P

though it should also be said that the best stuff in the GB one definitely beats this. I liked the frank acknowledgment of the slave trade, though, and I'll always mark for "The Girl From Ipanema."

• Like 1

• Admin

Very enjoyable overall. 

Sporting events will be on BBC One, Two and Four throughout the Games; starting on One and Four early tomorrow afternoon. (It could well be on Three as well but I can't be bothered to check online for their listings...)

On 8/4/2016 at 02:39, Colly said:

If I were to add 5 events to my Olympics I'd go surfing, diving, diving, surfing, crushing the coconut.

Mine would be surfing, Ninja Warrior, beer pong/quarters (combined event), jacks and bocce ball.

Seriously, though, I'm glad to see surfing and climbing added, but couldn't care less about skateboarding due to the X Games. Baseball shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

And Ninja Warrior would make a better Olympic competition than a few events that they already have in. Should've put that in instead of friggin' golf.

Edited by GhostMachine

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Very enjoyable overall. 

Sporting events will be on BBC One, Two and Four throughout the Games; starting on One and Four early tomorrow afternoon. (It could well be on Three as well but I can't be bothered to check online for their listings...)

Are the pool stages of the Hockey being shown on tv or will I need to rely on the stupid non HD red button?

Guys, remind me, I'm sure during the 2012 Olympics all the venues were pretty much sold out, right? Because I'm watching the fencing at the mo and there are about 4 people in the arena.

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Seriously, though, I'm glad to see surfing and climbing added, but couldn't care less about skateboarding due to the X Games. Baseball shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Baseball isn't an Olympic sport. It is probably the dullest game ever created. Cricket should be in the Olympics if bloody baseball is in, more people play/like cricket than bloody baseball.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MDK said:

Guys, remind me, I'm sure during the 2012 Olympics all the venues were pretty much sold out, right? Because I'm watching the fencing at the mo and there are about 4 people in the arena.

Baseball isn't an Olympic sport. It is probably the dullest game ever created. Cricket should be in the Olympics if bloody baseball is in, more people play/like cricket than bloody baseball.

I think that some of the early events were not sell outs, or at least they looked that way because no one filled the corporate seats.

But yeah, there's more people sat in my living room right now than there is watching the water polo, and I'm the only one here.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MDK said:

IF YOU HATE BASEBALL THEN YOU HATE AMERICA :angry: USA USA USA! :w00t:

• Like 2