NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

18 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

The Mavs fucking suck... Guys :(

Although, in fairness. Dirk is still out and we played admirably in the first half before Melo woke up. Barnes continues to ball, and JJ is adding offense too. Just a shame Wes Matthews is still really inconsistent.

:crying:

Oh jeez, Mavs dropping one three at the end to avoid tying their franchise lowest scoring game, losing 64-80 to the Grizzlies and looking the drizzling shits out there having to rely on Seth Curry and 29 year old Rookie Jonathan Gibson to fill up the back court.

Granted, the rookie actually played really well and went .500 on 11 points, 3 assists, and 4 rebounds... But christ almighty, the team is utterly decimated by injuries, and going 29% from the field (FROM THE FIELD!) shows we're really in for a really long season.

lol Timberwolves. They were leading the Celtics 81-66 in the 4th quarter. Which then turned into 81-85. Ended up losing 93-99. At least this season will be record breaking, we must be on pace to be the team that has pissed away the most 15+ point leads in a season.

1 hour ago, Quom said:

lol Timberwolves. They were leading the Celtics 81-66 in the 4th quarter. Which then turned into 81-85. Ended up losing 93-99. At least this season will be record breaking, we must be on pace to be the team that has pissed away the most 15+ point leads in a season.

It's getting to the point where it seems that that is their goal. I don't know how else this is possible.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

It's getting to the point where it seems that that is their goal. I don't know how else this is possible.

It's fucking madness. It's like when you're playing a video game against a friend and are kicking their butt and start doing silly shit to annoy them. We were running a free flowing drive and dish offence which is how we went on the run to stretch the lead out that far. Then suddenly decide that Wiggins iso is a really great idea every single play for last 6 minutes with a smattering of stupid bad shots early in the shot clock. 

It isn't just a they outhustled us or got lucky, we seriously just totally abandon our gameplan and look like an entirely different team.

4 hours ago, Gigan Lars said:

Why don't they call traveling anymore....

They do, but only if you're standing miles from the basket and lift your pivot foot before dribbling and you gain no advantage from it anyway.

• Like 3

I've had enough, this is the worst Timberwolves team I've seen and I've been watched every game since Rubio's rookie year. Kevin Love was a total dickhead and did plenty of things that cost us possessions, but at least he was a legitimate star night in and night out.

KAT should not be able to silence the fucking locker-room because he's doing press when he's playing the way he is (on both ends of the floor, he can't be trusted to defend the better big for fuck's sake). If Wiggins is 1-12 from the field why the fuck are we feeding him another 7 shots when he refuses to defend.

Our fan-base is the fucking worst though. It's somehow Rubio's fault. I mean how the fuck that makes any sense is beyond me. We're pissing away leads (or being blown out) because everyone stops defending and then on offence we either take shitty mid-range clangers early in the clock or we run the never reliable iso Wiggins/Towns. Which is fine and Ricky would be a liability in that situation if either of them ever fucking passed the ball when the fucking double team comes rather than attempting to dribble through it and giving away the ball or trying to launch up a shot with four arms in their faces. You can put that on the coaches as well. A winning fucking basketball play isn't 'we're passing to Wiggins on the left block, everyone then stand still whilst he makes a total cock of himself'. 

Plus why the fuck is it all Wiggins and fucking KAT when secretly our most reliable offensive player for a long time has been LaVine? The only reason his scoring is sometimes inconsistent is because we aren't giving him the same 10 looks we create for KAT and Wiggins every fucking game. He's getting his 18 through the flow of the game (and then chucking a few clunkers - but LaVine wouldn't be winning the clunkers per 36 category and is probably chucking them because sometimes it's nice to touch the fucking ball when you've spent the past 5 minutes running through 16 screens like you're J.J. Reddick with nothing to show for it). 

I'm beginning to hope Rubio does get moved. At this point I'd be hard pressed not to follow him instead of sticking with the Timberwolves. I will say this, I take back 90% of the shit I said about Sam Mitchell because we were actually a better team last year and at least the players looked like they liked each other and were having fun.