NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

Yogi Ferrell... WOW!

And just like that, after averaging nearly 18 points, 2 steals, 5 assists on 44/52/91 shooting, the Mavs have given him a two-year deal at the veteran's minimum. Which makes me extremely elated knowing he can't get snatched up by another team with money to burn.

Yogi was something else against the Blazers, 32 points and going 9-11 from three. And also adding 5 assists to that tally. A kid on a 10 day contract just dropping 32 points on a cagey team like the Blazers, after helping the team win against the Spurs, Cavs, Sixers. He's been nothing short of amazing.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, damshow said:

Wizards had the Cavs beat and then LeBron decided to have one of the top 10 plays of his entire career.

Cavs win in OT. Wiz have absolutely no bench outside of Oubre.

That was an incredible game and the Cavs pulling it out in OT with LeBron fouled out was great for the team. The Wizards may end up as the Cavs biggest threat in the East when it's all said and done.

8 hours ago, Mofoticon said:

That was an incredible game and the Cavs pulling it out in OT with LeBron fouled out was great for the team. The Wizards may end up as the Cavs biggest threat in the East when it's all said and done.

Wiz will probably start stocking the bench with the buyout brigade, then I'll really feel confident about them. Brooks has helped coach Wall, Beal, and Otto to greater heights. A run at the ECF is not out of the question.

Didn't spend the night in jail, but was charged with 3 counts of assault. 

EDIT: And Charles Oakley's version of events is different.

In the brief interview above, Oakley says he was approached by MSG security just a few minutes into the game and was told that he had to leave the arena because “someone ordered you to leave.” Oakley says things only got physical because more and more security guards kept surrounding him and he felt threatened.

On 2/9/2017 at 09:42, Cloudy said:

Didn't spend the night in jail, but was charged with 3 counts of assault. 

EDIT: And Charles Oakley's version of events is different.

Knicks @ Cavs February 23rd and LeBron is 100% on Oakley's side. I can imagine he will be sitting front row for that game as LeBron's guest.

Ricky Rubio might be playing the best basketball of his career and I couldn't be happier. Last 8 games he's averaging something like 13PPG on 40+% (3pt and FG) shooting. I loved defensive passing Rubio, but 'lol I'm shooting it' Rubio might be even better. Especially since he's still averaging a ton of assists. It's a shame his contract isn't nearly up. If anyone deserves to give a team and their fan base a 'go fuck yourself' it's Rubio. 

Awful game from the Spurs. Kawhi was great and Aldridge had a decent second half, but Danny Green bricked on every damn shot. I don't know if he's lost his confidence or what, but he's the weakest link on the squad and nowhere near the player he was in the 2013 or 2014 playoffs. Unfortunately I don't see San Antonio trading him by the deadline.

Edited by Tyrone

Nurkic + 1st round pick to Portland for Mason Plumlee and a 2nd round pick.

Great trade for Portland who get a good starting center AND a first round pick... Nuggets must've been really been wanting him gone with Jokic having become the de-facto starting center in Denver.

On 13 February 2017 at 07:05, Tyrone said:

Awful game from the Spurs. Kawhi was great and Aldridge had a decent second half, but Danny Green bricked on every damn shot. I don't know if he's lost his confidence or what, but he's the weakest link on the squad and nowhere near the player he was in the 2013 or 2014 playoffs. Unfortunately I don't see San Antonio trading him by the deadline.

Are you kidding? Pop loves him. They won't trade him until he truly has to.

Then again, he also loved Diaw.

Also, Jokic might be my favorite non-Spurs player now. Fucking workhorse.

The thing that shocks me the most is that he's a 36% three point shooter and a 82% free throw shooter. Sure, he only shoots two threes per game, but for a guy that dominates the glass he's got a mean shooting ability.

Crazy stuff from Big Honey, went from a fat kid with doubtful talent to one of the best looking prospects in just over a year. Hopefully he'll continue to improve, because he seems like a great guy too.

Chris Andersen to the Hornets in exchange for a 2017 draft pick, Hornets pretty much immediately waived Andersen after being acquired.