NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

1 hour ago, Moses Julep said:

I have no one to root for in the NBA and I have been watching more games so I did a test that told me to root for the Milwaukee Bucks, is this a thing I should do? :shifty: 

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Giannis is really fucking cool. So, maybe?

Yes. I've hopped on the bandwagon!

Edited by livid
sorry Lakers :(

14 hours ago, VPNutsRoastingOnAOpenFire said:

I really wish the Rubio for Reggie Jackson trade happened even if people weren't keen on it. 

The other rumor was DJ Augustin and Jeff Green for Reggie. I don't know, Rubio just sounds better to me. 

The pistons are also open to trading Drummond and turned down a trade from the Raptors where they offered the center they have that starts with a V.

What? If I'm the Raptors, why am I offering Valanciunas for Drummond? 

(I am a little biased - I really like JV, and I really don't like players that can't make free throws)

Yeah that is true. I immediately wondered why we turned it down. JV seems to always kick Dre's ass. But the fans here were appalled by the offer.

I really think Drummond is overrated. I mean averaging a double double is awesome, but his effort is inconsistent, his free throws are trash, and his defense isn't as good as it should be for his athleticism. I wouldn't dump him for nothing but he isn't a stud and he wont put a team on his back.

And what chips do they have for George? Just seems odd to hear them chasing after a guy Boston has been openly pursuing when Boston has the most trade chips in recent memory. And if Larry Bird signs off on a trade with LA, the universe might implode. 

1 hour ago, En Dub said:

And what chips do they have for George? Just seems odd to hear them chasing after a guy Boston has been openly pursuing when Boston has the most trade chips in recent memory. And if Larry Bird signs off on a trade with LA, the universe might implode. 

They could package Brandon Ingram and future picks. Apparently Jeanie Buss was furious that they didn't get DeMarcus Cousins and wants Magic to get them a Superstar.

Should be a better player than Domantas off the bat, but there's little upside about Taj and Domantas is only 20 and I feel has a bunch of upside if given time.

I dunno who OKC would give up for Gibson, but I don't know if it is worth giving up young prospects for a playoff run where there's little chance for the Thunder to move into the finals.

Jesus christ, that's a goddamn steal. A stud defensive center who is only 22 years old, and probably not even lose the first rounder seeing the odds of playoffs are drastically smaller now that the Pels got their god-tier front court.

I liked Simba's personality a lot, and he's a kid that always does his best, but he wasn't really improving as much as we hoped he would. He's still young though, but I hope the Sixers can use him better.

Bogut on the other hand, good player still with a great defensive presence. But he's really injury prone, and he was offensively non-existent. Noel is pretty much better in every way at this point, and Nerlens also has time on his side. Also, by all accounts Sixers are buying out Bogut, so in a way that's even better a trade for the Mavs.

Right now this trade is awesome, if Mavs fall a few spots, it'll be complete highway robbery.

Yeah, great young piece to pair with Barnes going forward.  Hopefully he see the same kind of improvement Barnes has shown as well.  Assuming we can lock him up without having to max him, I'm feeling much better about the post-Dirk years now. 

57 minutes ago, Alex. said:

Just my obligatory I am a Nets fan and that I hate Billy King.

Can you really put a price on all those great memories Pierce and Garnett gave you though?