NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

Festus Ezeli will have season-ending knee surgery that requires a cadaver donor. 

ESPN:

Other professional athletes have used donated tissue.

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer is the most notable athlete to have had such a procedure. While with the Cincinnati Bengals, Palmer tore the ACL and MCL in his left knee during a 2006 playoff game. It was considered a career-threatening injury.

Palmer received a ligament from Julie De Rossi, who was killed by a drunken driver just 22 months earlier. She was 44. Following surgery and five months of rehabilitation, Palmer was able to run and took the Week 1 snap under center in 2007.

To be fair, Andrew Bogut and freak injury have appeared in the same sentence so often that it's starting to look like less of a freak occurrence and more a straight up curse on the dude.

It's pretty incredible that you'd think for a second about picking the Clippers over the Lakers as your team. But I guess if you're a transplant it makes sense, don't want to be "trendy".

Clippers will likely be coming more into their own in the next few years since Ballmer is not-so-secretly scavenging LA county for a place to build an arena. They'll always be the little brother, similar to the Angels.

A new arena won't matter if their "Big 3" continue to fail when it matters. They really just need to blow it up because they've made some terrible moves to try and supplement them and have wasted all the assets they've had in the process.

1 hour ago, livid said:

A new arena won't matter if their "Big 3" continue to fail when it matters. They really just need to blow it up because they've made some terrible moves to try and supplement them and have wasted all the assets they've had in the process.

That makes no sense at all.  Instead of having one of the best teams in the league, you'd rather your team suck for the next few years?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damshow said:

It's pretty incredible that you'd think for a second about picking the Clippers over the Lakers as your team. But I guess if you're a transplant it makes sense, don't want to be "trendy".

Clippers will likely be coming more into their own in the next few years since Ballmer is not-so-secretly scavenging LA county for a place to build an arena. They'll always be the little brother, similar to the Angels.

That isn't why I dislike them, I dislike them because all they do is play dirty and flop whilst simultaneously being the biggest bunch of crybabies in the entire league. I have no idea how players and the refs put up with it, I'd fucking strangle one of them.

39 minutes ago, Kevin Elliott said:

That makes no sense at all.  Instead of having one of the best teams in the league, you'd rather your team suck for the next few years?

After multiple years of being strong but ultimately falling short early in the playoffs, i'd say that the current Clippers squad is extremely talented but they lack the intangibles to produce anything more than early playoff exits and semi finals.

Let's be honest, with teams like the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, and the resurgent Jazz in the west, this Clippers team is just a star studded team that's woefully mediocre. Like the 00's Mavs, but with more talent and much less reason to suck like they are sucking.

In the past five seasons, they've reached the playoffs five times. But never have they gone further than the Conference semi finals, which if you look at the roster they got is appalling. They got arguably the best true point player, two of the best bigmen in their respective wheelhouses, the finest pure shooter, the best bench player... And Austin Rivers. Six of their players are averaging over 12 points a game too. Yet when the chips are down, they can't deliver.

If they once more fail to get into the finals this year, they seriously need to think about retooling the squad and trying a different set up. Because whilst they certainly still have time on their side, you can't just keep trying and trying and trying, expecting things to change the next year.