NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

To be fair to them, though, I think they've only hit their prime in the last couple of season or so. It just so happens that it's coincided with the Warriors becoming a super team. If this team was this good in the early 10's, they would probably have made the Finals at least once, and probably won that one time as well.

But as Quom said, they're a bunch of dicks (plus they seem to be SA's kryptonite) and it's so satisfying seeing them get eliminated (especially DJ. Fuck DeAndre.)

Holy fuck, I'm starting to believe, last 10 games we're 7-3 (the losses were against Houston, Cleveland and San Antonio). We destroyed Utah and beat the Clippers and now GSW. KAT has scored 20+ points or more 19 games in a row, Wiggins had his own 20+ points streak broken at 19 against San Antonio and has started another. Rubio has become a scoring machine (by Rubio standards) and you can pencil him in for a 15/10 game. 

I'd be much happier if the season was a month longer. I really hope we can keep this rolling into next season, especially if we can bolster the bench. Who am I kidding, Thibs will probably trade Rubio for Reggie Jackson.

20 minutes ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

As much as this might damage the Spurs title chances this season, I'm actually just really sad for LaMarcus. This disease is rarely fatal, but they could never let him play again. 

He's had multiple bouts of this during his Portland years, and most of the time he's back in 2-3 weeks. Like you said, it's rarely a fatal affliction, and they simply need to go through the neccesary protocols to ensure his body has recovered from this bout before he plays again.

To people that have followed LMA's career, it's not much of a shock, nor much of a point of fear over his career. In the very worst case they shut his season down and prepare for another surgery if the condition is really really bad.
The Spurs themselves signed him to his big contract with the full knowledge these bouts might occur, and they're the smartest organization in the league, period. It's an eventuality they accepted.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm sorry but the fans who paid for tickets to the Warriors/Spurs game yesterday should get refunds.  Normally I side with the coaches needing to give a player or two a rest.  I get it, it's a long season.  But resting your entire starting lineup and basically punting the game?

It's not like you're going to a meaningless late September baseball game between two teams that have nothing to play for.  This is a Saturday night game down the stretch between the two best teams in the conference, who are competing for the top seed.  I'm sure tickets for it cost a pretty penny.

Kerr said afterwards that he felt bad for the San Antonio fans who bought tickets, but I doubt he would've tried this in his own building.

I also feel it's much more egregious on the side of the Warriors, who really don't have anywhere near the quality on the bench than the Spurs do. The entire Spurs roster is conditioned in such a way that they can replace the lineup and still be extremely competitive to practically every team in the league.

Warriors on the other hand line up with Patrick McCaw who plays 41 minutes and somehow goes 0-12 from the field with arguably the worst single basketball performance in recent history.
Spurs in the meanwhile play an 11 man lineup that still has three former all-stars, and for obvious reasons completely demolish the Warriors.

I can't blame the Spurs and Pop for doing it, since he's been doing it for years and they never show a drop-off in quality. Warriors can go fuck off though, sitting every single notable name they had.

But yeah, as a fan i'd be pissed either way because it's just anti-basketball.

Edited by Jasonmufc

6 hours ago, Busch Hernandez said:

I'm sorry but the fans who paid for tickets to the Warriors/Spurs game yesterday should get refunds.  Normally I side with the coaches needing to give a player or two a rest.  I get it, it's a long season.  But resting your entire starting lineup and basically punting the game?

It's not like you're going to a meaningless late September baseball game between two teams that have nothing to play for.  This is a Saturday night game down the stretch between the two best teams in the conference, who are competing for the top seed.  I'm sure tickets for it cost a pretty penny.

Kerr said afterwards that he felt bad for the San Antonio fans who bought tickets, but I doubt he would've tried this in his own building.

The Warriors played Feb. 25 in Oakland; flew across the country for a game in Philadelphia on Feb. 27; flew overnight to Washington DC for a back-to-back on Feb. 28; jetted to Chicago for a Mar. 2 game; hopped on a flight back to the East Coast for a game at Madison Square garden on Mar. 5; flew down to Atlanta for a back-to-back on Mar. 6; jetted across the country to host the Celtics in Oakland before embarking on another back-to-back in Minnesota and San Antonio. Saturday's game will be the Warriors' fifth game in seven days, the same long-dreaded stretch that Popovich faced in 2012 when he kept his stars home in San Antonio rather than send them to face the Miami Heat. To Popovich, it just didn't make sense to risk injury, even though it was a nationally-televised game.

I 100% think he would have done this at Oracle. It isn't Kerr's fault, it's the NBA schedule makers. Eight cities in thirteen days with 11,000 miles covered. Something had to give. 

Sorry but I don't buy the notion that Kerr had no choice but to sit everybody.  He could've split things up and sat one or two guys the game before.  They're good enough to win with two or three starters out.  Just punting away a game against the team you're competing with best record for is a joke.

• Like 1

And it's also his prerogative when to sit players and when not to. It sucks for fans but he has a team to run, with the objective of winning a championship and not placating to fans. That's the risk fans will run when buying tickets for games in March. And honestly, any Spurs fan should be more prepared than anybody else for the possibility of team resting players since Popovich does it all the time. 

10 hours ago, Busch Hernandez said:

Sorry but I don't buy the notion that Kerr had no choice but to sit everybody.  He could've split things up and sat one or two guys the game before.  They're good enough to win with two or three starters out.  Just punting away a game against the team you're competing with best record for is a joke.

You do know that out of the 8 games on this road trip they lost 5 right? So what you're suggesting makes no sense. They couldn't win with a full strength (minus Durant obviously) team against Washington, Chicago, Boston or Minnesota (I think they rested Livingston against us but meh). If they rested players the way you'd prefer they probably lose even more games. Plus it gives rotations less time together when they desperately need the time together to work out how to win without Durant (which they've seemingly forgotten how to do).

Basketball isn't as simple as the players on the court, it's just as much about rotations and which players work well together.

• Like 1

Rubio just picked up 10 dimes in the first quarter (against John Wall and Washington), right after outplaying Chris Paul and Steph Curry. He's been so fucking incredible the past stretch.

• Like 1