NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

3 hours ago, Quom said:

Rubio just picked up 10 dimes in the first quarter (against John Wall and Washington), right after outplaying Chris Paul and Steph Curry. He's been so fucking incredible the past stretch.

Rubio finished with 22/19Ast/5rbd/3stls on 53% shooting (40% 3pt). He's finally the sole owner of the franchise record in assists (used to be 17 which he'd matched something like 5 times). He's just dominated the three best PGs in the league in the past week.

His stats for the past 4 games? 19/13ast/4rbd/2stls/2to on 48/36/95 He's out of control.

• Like 1

I knew there'd be a point where the Wolves would get rolling. Too much talent there. They might steal the 8 seed.

Wizards had a great road trip, going 4-1, and losing to one of the other super hot teams in the league. I'm feeling very confident about them come playoff time. Cleveland, especially if Larry Sanders can still go, is a really tough out but the Wiz can score like mad and Brooks does a great job playing to everyone's strengths.

Yeah, the Wolves have a bright future. 

I watched a game vs. the Pistons early on and was impressed with the talent. I knew of KAT and Wiggins but they had two other guys I was a fan of.

Reggie Jackson has maybe remembered how to play basketball (or he's just finally at game speed after the injury). So we're now a 7th seed. This team is maddening, obvious talent but so inconsistent. Thankfully I think Marcus Morris is taking on a leadership role and lighting a fire under asses. We need that, we need anothrr vet that will not put up with half hearted bullshit. I'm still shopping Drummond this off-season even with a solid playoff run.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:12, thatshortguy said:

Just saying that if Jackson's playing decently and Drummond gets physical, Detroit could beat Boston.  Atlanta's given them fits thanks to Schroeder & Howard.

Yeah, problem is how woefully inconsistent we are.

We're currently out of the playoffs right now. I hate to be hasty, but Stan might not be the right coach.

Bulls were crushing the Raps. Then RoLo got into a fight with Ibaka, causing both to get tossed for throwing punches at each other. Then Raps came back to win it in overtime and snap their losing streak against the Bulls.

Just another hockey night in Toronto...

So Joakim Noah has been suspended 20 games (effectively the season) for popping a drug test. So that makes his shitty deal even shittier for the Knicks.

Omer Asik has joined the Pelicans again on a traveling basis, although his bacterial infection he suffered over All-Star Weekend has cost him a lot of weight, and he's nowhere near ready to play any games. Might even be out for a good part of next year for rehab, since he looks like a zombie. I really hope he gets well and finds a way to come back, although losing so much in such a short span of time can't be good for anyone.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I hope people are putting together that NBA stats are out of whack because teams are analytically finally finding out the best ways to take advantage of the rules changes made in 04-05 (among many other things).

Unless we think Devin Booker dropping 70, two guys putting up triple double records left and right and a guy smashing three point records (never mind what Anthony Davis can do) happening all in the past couple of years is all just one big coincidence.