2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

I like Trubisky. He was my #1 QB. I'd heard that the Bears' GM loved Watson but I guess that was a smokescreen.

Now I'd like to see the Bears trade back in the second round and recoup a few of those picks they gave up because there is still a lot of great talent in this draft at positions of need in the middle rounds.

2 minutes ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I like Trubisky. He was my #1 QB. I'd heard that the Bears' GM loved Watson but I guess that was a smokescreen.

Now I'd like to see the Bears trade back in the second round and recoup a few of those picks they gave up because there is still a lot of great talent in this draft at positions of need in the middle rounds.

Trade back with what? 

The biiiiiiiiiiiiig question about Fournette is the ability to stay healthy. He couldn't do it in college, but when he was, he was straight up nasty. If he can stay healthy for the Jags, he'll be yuge. But I wonder if he can stay healthy, when he couldn't in school.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, New Year New Srar! said:

:( I am so bummed.

I joked, but I do legit feel sorry for you. It'd been one thing if you guys sat tight at #3 and drafted him. Still not good, but it's much better than giving up a stock of picks to move up that one spot, when it was obvious San Fran didn't want Trubisky anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm not picking, but I am curious as to why you have him rated over Watson?

Trubisky reads defenses really well for a QB with such little experience. By far the best in this draft. That's the main reason I had him as my QB 1.

The strength of Watson's arm worries me but I think he has a chance to succeed in the league.

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

I joked, but I do legit feel sorry for you. It'd been one thing if you guys sat tight at #3 and drafted him. Still not good, but it's much better than giving up a stock of picks to move up that one spot, when it was obvious San Fran didn't want Trubisky anyway. 

Yeah not only did we reach way too far we gave away a bunch of stuff to reach way too far :( 

11 minutes ago, damshow said:

As much as this made me laugh, I feel kinda bad that this Tweet is inevitably going to be thrown in his face for years just because he was a fan of a team.  It would be impossible for me to delete all of the Giants stuff I've posted on social media over the years if I got picked by the Cowboys, Eagles, or Washington.

Reminds me of that vid of Justin Pugh's phone call telling him he'd go to the Giants.  He and his family/friends were Eagles fans.  And as soon as he says "I'm excited to become a Giant, coach" you hear somebody in the room say "FUCK!"

• Like 2