2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

20 hours ago, DFF said:

What's the over/under on Ingram outplaying him? 

They're claiming Ingram is still the starter and that Peterson is the back-up/short yardage back, but we'll see. They're both volume backs, in that they need carries to be effective, and New Orleans never really used Ingram to his potential, so it should be interesting.

• Admin

Casserly mock draft 4.0: Browns-Jags trade nets two QBs

Garrett to Cleveland, Fournette to San Francisco, Adams to Chicago, Trubisky to Cleveland (from Jacksonville), Williams to Tennessee, Lattimore to NY Jets, Thomas to LA Chargers, McCaffrey to Carolina, Allen to Cincinnati, Conley to Buffalo, Humphrey to New Orleans, Watson to Jacksonville (from Cleveland), Corey Davis to Arizona, Ross to Philadelphia, Barnett to Indianapolis, Howard to Baltimore, McKinley to Washington, Harris to Tennessee, Cook to Tampa Bay, Ramczyk to Denver, Foster to Detroit, Hooker to Miami, Bolles to NY Giants, Robinson to Oakland, Lamp to Houston, White to Seattle, Jarrad Davis to Kansas City, King to Dallas, Jackson to Green Bay, Reddick to Pittsburgh, Charlton to Atlanta, Watt to New Orleans.

Jeremiah mock draft 5.0: Trubisky, Mahomes go back-to-back

Garrett to Cleveland, Adams to San Francisco, Lattimore to Chicago, Fournette to Jacksonville, Thomas to Tennessee, Howard to NY Jets, Hooker to LA Chargers, McCaffrey to Carolina, Foster to Cincinnati, Reddick to Buffalo, Humphrey to New Orleans, Trubisky to Cleveland, Mahomes to Arizona, Barnett to Philadelphia, Harris to Indianapolis, Williams to Baltimore, Allen to Washington, Corey Davis to Tennessee, Cook to Tampa Bay, Ramczyk to Denver, Jarrad Davis to Detroit, Lamp to Miami, Njoku to NY Giants, Conley to Oakland, Robinson to Houston, Bolles to Seattle, Watson to Kansas City, Jackson to Dallas, Watt to Green Bay, Engram to Pittsburgh, King to Atlanta, McKinley to New Orleans.

Chad Reuter 2017 seven-round NFL mock draft: 
By round
By team

• Admin

Martavis Bryant has been conditionally reinstated by the league, the team announced Tuesday. Bryant had been suspended for the 2016 season for multiple violations of the league's policy against substances of abuse. Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington has also been reinstated on a conditional basis.

Oh, and some of the Texans picks will be announced from... outer space. :lol: 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

Oh, and some of the Texans picks will be announced from... outer space. :lol: 

"Houston, we have a problem with that draft pick."

• Admin

Zierlein mock draft 5.0: Mahomes taken ahead of Watson

Garrett to Cleveland. Thomas to San Francisco, Allen to Chicago, Fournette to Jacksonville, Lattimore to Tennessee, Howard to NY Jets, Adams to LA Chargers, McCaffrey to Carolina, Reddick to Cincinnati, Mike Williams to Buffalo, Humphrey to New Orleans, Trubisky to Cleveland, Hooker to Arizona, Barnett to Philadelphia, King to Indianapolis, Corey Davis to Baltimore, Foster to Washington, Ross to Tennessee, Robinson to Denver, Harris to Detroit, Charlton to Miami, Njoku to NY Giants, Jarrad Davis to Oakland, Mahomes to Houston, Ramczyk to Seattle, Awuzie to Kansas City, Wilson to Dallas, McKinley to Green Bay, Engram to Pittsburgh, Lamp to Atlanta, Watson to New Orleans.

Later today, Mike Mayock's one and only mock draft is published too.

I've been seeing Njoku mocked to the Giants a lot more frequently of late.  I'd be upset if he's still on the board and the Giants choose not to take him.  They cancelled a scheduled meeting with him which has me thinking they aren't interested but I think a legit pass catching TE would be a huge boost for the team.

Really not sold on any of the offensive linemen - supposedly they're wary of Robinson and Ramczyk's injury histories.  They're also a bit concerned about Bolles as he'll be a 25 year old rookie - but he's the one the most reliable Giants beat writer I follow has them taking so I'm thinking that could be the pick. 

At this point if Njoku's off the board I wouldn't be averse to the Giants trying to trade down if a team is wanting to jump ahead of Houston for Mahomes, even if it means trading out of the first day.

I don't want the Giants to trade out of Round 1 purely because of the 5th year option. With the contracts coming up down the road, that extra year is huge if the player selected turns out to be good.

If the 5th year option that comes with a RD1 pick is a sticking point for the Giants I can't imagine a trade down happening then.  The Chiefs or Saints could possibly take a QB but I doubt one of them is high enough on Mahomes to move up ahead of Houston, and none of the other teams are going to be taking one.

• Admin

2017 Mike Mayock mock draft: Two QB-motivated trades

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock unveiled his one and only mock draft on Wednesday. Here are seven quick takeaways from Mayock's first-round projections.

1. It's a homecoming for Cleveland-area native Mitchell Trubisky, and the honeymoon begins with a trade-up to make it happen. Mayock projects the Cleveland Browns to trade the No. 12 pick to the Tennessee Titans to take Trubisky at No. 5, giving the club its latest answer to a painful long-term question at the quarterback position. This trade would suggest the Browns are unnerved by the possibility that the New York Jets would turn in the card for Trubisky at No. 6 overall.

2. After the Browns make a move for a quarterback, the next-best passers are expected to slip toward the end of the round. Mayock sees Clemson QB Deshaun Watson falling to the Houston Texans at No. 25 and Patrick Mahomes going to the Arizona Cardinals, via a trade with the New Orleans Saints, at No. 32. That scenario would give Mahomes the softest of the three QB landing spots in the first round, giving the former Texas Tech star a developmental window to learn behind veteran Carson Palmer.

3. Nobody adds first-round speed quite like the Tennessee Titans under the Mayock mock, plucking a pair of explosive Pac-12 skill players to improve on offense, defense and special teams. Start with the fastest player in NFL Scouting Combine history in John Ross at No. 12 overall, followed by USC's Adoree' Jackson at No. 18. Ross would give QB Marcus Mariota a dynamic deep threat on offense, while Jackson, who reached the U.S. Olympic Trials as a long jumper, would bring dynamic wheels to the Titans secondary at cornerback. Both are experienced return men, as well.

4. Offensive linemen don't start coming off the board until the 20th pick, but from there, they're in high demand. Mayock projects Wisconsin's Ryan Ramczyk to be the first at No. 20 overall to the Broncos, followed soon after by Utah's Garett Bolles at No. 23 (Giants), Alabama's Cam Robinson at No. 24 (Raiders), and Western Kentucky's Forrest Lamp at No. 26 (Seahawks).

5. How about five straight picks from just two schools (Alabama and Stanford)? Mayock begins the stretch with the Jets taking Alabama TE O.J. Howard at No. 6 overall, followed by the Chargers (Stanford DL Solomon Thomas), Panthers (Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey), Bengals (Alabama DL Jonathan Allen) and the Bills taking Alabama LB Reuben Foster at No. 10 overall.

6. Mayock has FSU RB Dalvin Cook sliding all the way to the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 27 overall as the third running back chosen, 19 picks after Stanford's Christian McCaffrey and just two ahead of Tennessee's Alvin Kamara.

7. Some of the top talent to miss out on Mayock's first round: Florida LB Jarrad Davis, Michigan DE Taco Charlton and Miami TE David Njoku.

Garrett to Cleveland, Adams to San Francisco, Lattimore to Chicago, Fournette to Jacksonville, Trubisky to Cleveland (from Tennessee), Howard to NY Jets, Thomas to LA Chargers, McCaffrey to Carolina, Allen to Cincinnati, Foster to Buffalo, Harris to New Orleans, Ross to Tennessee (from Cleveland) Humphrey to Arizona, Mike Williams to Philadelphia, Barnett to Indianapolis, Reddick to Baltimore, McKinley to Washington, Jackson to Tennessee, Hooker to Tampa Bay, Ramczyk to Denver, Corey Davis to Detroit, Watt to Miami, Bolles to NY Giants, Robinson to Oakland, Watson to Houston, Lamp to Seattle, Cook to Kansas City, White to Dallas, Kamara to Green Bay, Willis to Pittsburgh, Peppers to Atlanta, Mahomes to Arizona (from New Orleans).

I'd be super content if things panned out like that (they likely won't).

Just now, New Year New Srar! said:

I keep seeing Lattimore or Adams for us and I don't know who I want more

Pick something arbitrary to judge them on and decide from there. E.X names of guys you'd trust to handle your investment portfolio. In that case, I'd go Lattimore. 

• Like 1

MY mock:

Spoiler

1. Myles Garrett, Browns
2. Solomon Thomas, 49ers
3. Marshon Lattimore, Bears
4. Leonard Fournette, Jags
5. Marlon Humphrey, Titans
6. Malik Hooker, Jets
7. Jamal Adams, Chargers
8. Jonathan Allen, Panthers
9. Taco Charlton, Bengals