2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

Aaron Hernandez's lawyer alleges that the medical examiner in Boston is illegally holding Hernandez's brain. His family has decided to donate it to Boston University's ongoing CTE research project. 

• Admin

Season kicks off at Foxboro with the Pats hosting the Chiefs.

Here's a quick preview of this year's Thanksgiving slate:

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions, 12:30 p.m. ET, FOX

The first divisional game of the day, this will be the Vikings and Lions' second straight Thanksgiving Day tussle and their second meeting of the 2017 season; they first face off in Minneapolis in Week 4. Detroit swept the two-game set last year, best remembered for Golden Tate's game-winning overtime spin-and-score. The clubs have only split their season series twice in the past nine seasons. A Sam Bradford-Matthew Stafford duel might not be the flashiest way to start your holiday Thursday, but it should make some high-stakes display of passing efficiency.

Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS

If this matchup appears on face value rather unusual, it is. The transplanted Chargers haven't played on Thanksgiving since the merger in 1970; the Cowboys haven't played an AFC team on Turkey Day since 2013 when they beat the Raiders, 31-24; and this will be just the 11th meeting between the two teams. Philip Rivers vs. Dak Prescott. Melvin Gordon vs. Ezekiel Elliott. Keenan Allen vs. Dez Bryant. Prepare for points.

New York Giants at Washington, 8:30 p.m. ET, NBC

The night's marquee matchup will rehash one of the league's oldest rivarlies and dive into some intradivisional beef. Last year, Washington's playoff bid was thwarted by Big Blue at FedEx Field in Week 17, when Kirk Cousins threw a late pick to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Late in the season and in prime time, Cousins will need to make a statement to overcome last year's demons and prove he's Washington's QB of the future. And then there's OBJ vs. Norman, Episode IV: A New Hope. With more Giants receiving weapons to account for this time around, we might not see as many fireworks from Norman, but you never know.

@ Bengals
v.s Browns
@ LOLJags (London)
v.s Steelers
@ Raiders
v.s Bears
@ Vikings
v.s Dolphins
@ Packers
v.s Texans
v.s Lions
@ Steelers
@ Browns
v.s Colts
v.s Bengals

For fucks sake, would've loved the season closer to not be against the leprechaun Dalton AGAIN.

9 hours ago, Lineker said:

The reasoning sounds plausible to be fair - he says he was quite ill before the combine and took on a lot of fluids to hydrate / flush it out. He only 'failed' the test because his sample was too diluted. 

As for the schedule, our season looks difficult this year. Could be anything from a 4 to 11 win season depending on which Lions turns up :-/ 

• Like 3

On 4/21/2017 at 02:10, DFF said:

The reasoning sounds plausible to be fair - he says he was quite ill before the combine and took on a lot of fluids to hydrate / flush it out. He only 'failed' the test because his sample was too diluted. 

As for the schedule, our season looks difficult this year. Could be anything from a 4 to 11 win season depending on which Lions turns up :-/ 

Yeah, hard to say really. It doesn't look bad to me, but then we could come out and suck ass. 

I'm in a weird position in that I want us to win games but I also want Caldwell gone because I think we could do better. But then he hasnt been awful? I don't know, I don't are, just stop being the Lions all of the time. 

Aging, yes. Injury prone, no. Last year was the first year he's missed significant time due to injury.

You're mostly right about team's preferences though but $3M also isn't that much honestly so it seemed mostly about finding the right fit, which I think he did. If they improve that defense even a little bit, they can be in good shape with that offense, one in which Peterson would not have to carry on his back like he basically was in doing in Minnesota. 

What's the over/under on Ingram outplaying him?