2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

• Admin

The Eagles have added depth on the defensive line after losing Bennie Logan in free agency.

Philadelphia has acquired defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan and the No. 99 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft from Baltimore in exchange for the draft's No. 74 overall selection, the two teams announced Tuesday.

In other words, the Ravens are moving up 25 spots in the third round. General manager Ozzie Newsome now has four of the draft's top 78 picks -- 16, 47, 74 and 78.

Report: Amazon to stream 'Thursday Night Football'

• Admin

Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: No early QBs, no Deshaun Watson

Garrett to Cleveland, Thomas to San Francisco, Lattimore to Chicago, Fournette to Jacksonville, Mike Williams to Tennessee, Howard to NY Jets, Hooker to LA Chargers, McCaffrey to Carolina, Allen to Cincinnati, Adams to Buffalo, Conley to New Orleans, Corey Davis to Cleveland, Ross to Arizona, Foster to Philadelphia, McKinley to Indianapolis, Barnett to Baltimore, Reddick to Washington, Tre'Davious White to Tennessee, Robinson to Tampa Bay, Lamp to Denver, Njoku to Detroit, Peppers to Miami, Cook to NY Giants, Jarrad Davis to Oakland, Trubisky to Houston, King to Seattle, Mahomes to Kansas City, Jackson to Dallas, Wilson to Green Bay, Watt to Pittsburgh, Harris to Atlanta, Baker to New Orleans.

13 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

Isn't he still under contract? How does that work? Or is sitting out a year enough to void that?

The Seahawks will trade him. They almost had a deal last year until it fell apart and they've been talking to Oakland about a trade for him for about a month now

Edited by livid

Wasn't there something about Seahawks being over their cap if he unretires? If so, they'll likely accept a pretty modest deal to send him to Oakland.

As for mocks, here's my very early first attempt (the back half was kind of rushed a bit):

Spoiler

Browns: Garrett
49ers: Thomas
Bears: Adams
Jags: Allen
Titans: Lattimore
Jets: Foster
Chargers: Hooker
Panthers: Fournette
Bengals: Williams
Bills: C. Davis
Saints: Charlton
Browns: Trubisky
Cards: Humphrey
Eagles: Cook
Colts: Ramczyk
Ravens: Ross
Skins: Peppers
Titans: Howard
Buccs: Njoku
Broncos: Lamp
Lions: Reddick
Dolphins: Jones
Giants: Robinson
Raiders: Cunningham
Texans: Bolles
Saints: White
Chiefs: Conley
Cowboys: Tabor (c'mon, it's gotta happen)
Packers: McDowell
Steelers: J. Davis
Falcons: Brantley
Saints: Jackson

So it sounds like there is mutual interest between Richard Sherman and the Seahawks about ending his time in Seattle.

There's already been rumblings that New England is very interested, which shock, gasp, horror. I may only watch college football next year if that happens.

6 minutes ago, Meacon said:

So it sounds like there is mutual interest between Richard Sherman and the Seahawks about ending his time in Seattle.

There's already been rumblings that New England is very interested, which shock, gasp, horror. I may only watch college football next year if that happens.

God help me if he does go.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Their interest seems to be live and die with whatever happens with Butler so it would depend on what happens with him.

I would be willing to bet that Atlanta is a much likelier destination for Sherman than any other place but that's also me speculating based on the Quinn connection.

Hold your horses on that, as he's owed $11m for the next two seasons and they're about to pay more than that for Trufant.  Can't imagine they are going to pay $25m+ for two cornerbacks (one getting up there in football years).

Plus Seattle's asking for a starter and a draft pick, which would make little sense since that would mean Atlanta likely sends one young player and one pick.

Yeah, let's keep in mind this is a trade and not a free agent courting. Seattle can send Sherman wherever they want, not wherever Sherman wants. I'd say they're better off trading him to New England and hope they don't have to face him until the Super Bowl as opposed to the NFC Championship.