2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

31 minutes ago, DMN said:

Mark Davis simply can't afford to build a stadium on his own, and the NFL won't allow him to borrow enough money (using the team as collateral) to get it done. It's sad, but I don't blame the city, either. Just tough all around.

And its a damn shame considering they were the one team in the league that absolutely needed to get a new stadium.  Hope it at least leads to the A's getting a new park.

43 minutes ago, DMN said:

Mark Davis simply can't afford to build a stadium on his own, and the NFL won't allow him to borrow enough money (using the team as collateral) to get it done. It's sad, but I don't blame the city, either. Just tough all around.

So are you going to follow them to Vegas or look to be a fan of another California team?

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

And its a damn shame considering they were the one team in the league that absolutely needed to get a new stadium.  Hope it at least leads to the A's getting a new park.

They were supposed to get a new Stadium when they moved back 20 years ago (fuck, it's been that long?), but we saw how that happened.

I expect the A's will get something. No place for them to go and, with the Warriors moving, I can't see Oakland letting them get away too.

9 minutes ago, livid said:

So are you going to follow them to Vegas or look to be a fan of another California team?

I know I've said I was going to stop watching, but I won't. This isn't a spite move, it's what's best for the team, if not the fans. I dunno, I stayed a fan when they left LA, I'm a Raiders fan, it's part of who I am.

I've been reading a bit of stuff from Raiders fans and a lot seem to echo what DMN said. It's pretty sad that Jerry Jones basically blocked their move to LA, which would have kept them in California and also put Raiders in a market already filled with Raiders fans. But I don't see a lot of people talking about how this is a betrayal from the Raiders. Mostly just people disappointed their local team is leaving. I think there will be more disappointment when the NFL adjusts the broadcast maps and makes the 49ers and Chargers the "primary" teams of the Oakland area.

The NFL already has a team in the Bay Area, and they've made it more than clear they loved the Las Vegas stadium deal. Kind of a situation where Mark Davis would have been stupid to keep trying to keep the team in Oakland. The NFL wanted them out. I'm really curious how the Raiders fans treat the next 2 years with the team still in Oakland. It's a bit of a trip from Oakland to LV, but it's a short flight for those who will still be fans. And it'll be interesting to see how many of the fans in LA make trips to LV to see them given the relatively short drive.

At the end of all this moving and shuffling, it's time for us to yet again laugh at Dean Spanos. A man now with no friends who has a team with no fans. Somehow Mark Davis and Stan Kroenke won and Dean Spanos, a guy who just a year or so ago I read was "beloved by his fellow owners", lost.

Florida CB Teez Tabor allowed only two TDs over his last three seasons.  Widely projected to be a first round pick.

Now he's just totally bombed his 40 yard dash at the Florida Pro Day and the early word is he'll now plummet to a third day pick.  4.75 seconds is enough to wipe out his entire college career, apparently.

To be fair, 4.75 is really bad for a CB. I don't care how good he played in college.

That said, a number of things can contribute to a bad 40 time so it shouldn't be the be all/end all used to judge him as a prospect.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Exactly. He could have tweaked something in the lead up to the pro day. He could be ill. He could have slipped out of the gate. For them to say, "Welp, he's a third rounder now," after that is the kind of mindset that lets great players fall to the lower rounds.

Or it could just as easily be subterfuge, NFLs teams' greatest past time leading up to the draft. There will be a million players that rise and fall in the next month that it's hard to take anything said about someone's stock seriously.

Edited by livid

• Admin

Casserly mock draft 3.0: Browns make trade, add three stars

Garrett to Cleveland, Thomas to San Francisco, Allen to Chicago, Fournette to Jacksonville, Lattimore to Tennessee, Adams to NY Jets, Hooker to LA Chargers, Cook to Carolina, Barnett to Cincinnati, Mike Williams to Buffalo, Foster to New Orleans, Howard to Cleveland, Conley to Arizona, White to Philadelphia, McKinley to Indianapolis, Davis to Baltimore, Brantley to Washington, Ross to Tennessee, McCaffrey to Tampa Bay, Bolles to Denver, Harris to Detroit, Watt to Miami, Ramczyk to NY Giants, Cunningham to Oakland, Robinson to Houston, Reddick to Seattle, Watson to Kansas City, Humphrey to Dallas, Tabor to Green Bay, Peppers to Pittsburgh, Charlton to Atlanta, Trubisky to Cleveland (projected trade with New Orleans).

Patrick Mahomes going in the first round is mindboggling. He's the product of a system. It'd be like friggin' Kliff Kingsbury or Colt Brennan getting drafted in the first round because they threw 50+ TDs. This quarterback class is such shit that they're going to be drafting @The Handsome Luchadore in the third round at this point.

• Like 4