2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

13 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Patrick Mahomes going in the first round is mindboggling. He's the product of a system. It'd be like friggin' Kliff Kingsbury or Colt Brennan getting drafted in the first round because they threw 50+ TDs. This quarterback class is such shit that they're going to be drafting @The Handsome Luchadore in the third round at this point.

The Handsome Luchadore's Draft Analysis on The Handsome Luchadore

Pros:

• hair like Clay Matthews

Cons:

• can't throw the ball worth shit
  • never played a down at any level of the game

Conclusion: If any team drafts this guy, then the ENTIRE front office needs to be fired.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion: If any team drafts this guy, then the ENTIRE front office needs to be fired.

Great. You can start for the Jets.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Pros:

Cons:

What are the homeless saying about you? Cleveland does have two picks in the first.

• Like 4

On 31/03/2017 at 13:55, Meacon said:

Patrick Mahomes going in the first round is mindboggling. He's the product of a system. It'd be like friggin' Kliff Kingsbury or Colt Brennan getting drafted in the first round because they threw 50+ TDs. This quarterback class is such shit that they're going to be drafting @The Handsome Luchadore in the third round at this point.

Don't mock @The Handsome Luchadore - I have him going mid 2nd round!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 07:55, Meacon said:

Graham Harrell never got the shot he deserved!

• Like 1

Oh god dammit..

• Admin
  • Tim Hightower has joined the 49ers.
  • The Miami Dolphins have waived 2013's No. 3 pick Dion Jordan; and added T.J. McDonald on a one-year deal.
  • Minnesota has agreed to terms with former Rams quarterback Case Keenum on a one-year, $2 million deal, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, via a source informed of the details of the contract.

What really sucks is that we've been hearing about his high asking price, and no one has been biting. So now it'll come out that he agreed to take less money to play in New England. Watch him sign a one-year deal for like $4 million or something. Then every team in the league will throw their hands up in the air and decide to try again in 2018.

Like I appreciate how I'm living through the GOAT QB and coach, but there's still a large part of me that wants the Patriots to just fuck right off. 

It wouldn't be close to annoying if they paid Brady market rate, but they're not so it gives them a huge competitive advantage that nobody else can match. Every other above average QB is getting cap crippling deals while Brady is getting Mike Glennon money.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Like I appreciate how I'm living through the GOAT QB and coach, but there's still a large part of me that wants the Patriots to just fuck right off. 

It wouldn't be close to annoying if they paid Brady market rate, but they're not so it gives them a huge competitive advantage that nobody else can match. Every other above average QB is getting cap crippling deals while Brady is getting Mike Glennon money.

Literally the only part of me.

• Like 2

Fair play to Tony Romo, going out when there's still money on the table.

A potential run in a new set-up could have been a great thing but at the same time, what if it led to him getting yet another serious injury? Better to walk away now while you've still got something left in the tank and have your legacy in Dallas cemented and intact.

15 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I guess we're going to draft a QB in the 1st now. Lest we slum it for a year and wait for the better class next year?

If I were in your situation, I'd want them to take the absolute best player available in the first, and not one of the quarterbacks. If a QB they like is sitting there in the third, or preferably the fourth, they can take him and make him a developmental project. Then you can try to get Josh Rosen in the draft next year, when he inevitably leaves school early. 

But that's my opinion. I've already made my thoughts on this QB class abundantly clear. :P 

• Like 2