Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

1 minute ago, stokerino said:

Fucking hell, Morata.

For a moment I thought it had gone in, bounced off the advertising board and come back out. I swear that happened to Southampton back in the day.

We'd still have got beaten, but it would have been nice to have a competent referee last night, though given that seems to be something in short supply in the Premier League like never before.

Lewis Cook though, lads. He's a fine prospect. All this talk of who to take to the World Cup yet he and Shelvey probably won't go, yet are two English midfielders of the right age playing week in, week out at relatively successful clubs. Is that not what it's supposed to be all about?

Still, I bet Livermore goes, a player who I find strange, because he's never really been any good, at least not to International standard, yet gets games. Baffling.

Talking of baffling, can't believe its 2018 and people still doubt how good Jordan Henderson is. I mean, these people obviously don't get football and are idiots, but still. The guy is so good, but suffers from the social media thing where one mistake gets jumped upon and it outweighs all the good.

• Like 2

Just to add to that, I'm now on board the Shelvey train. If you'd asked me at other point of his Newcastle tenure I'd have laughed in your face, but his improvement across the pitch has been ridiculous since Christmas. He's suddenly playing til the final whistle and taking responsibility, and if you paired him with a disciplined midfielder like Henderson or Dier he's the closest thing to a Carrick we have now. If Livermore makes the squad over him I can only suggest he has incriminating photos of Gareth. 

Yeah it's a bit surreal.

Just now, hugobomb said:

It'll be weird having him gone but this has been coming for a few years. 

Looks like Big Sam has a new job after he leaves Everton:shifty:

Fuck right off :shifty:

• Like 1