Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Thread is now up with the rules and sign-up sheet:

I'm limiting it to a maximum of 10 entrants, so if you are interested please check out the thread and sign-up. Sooner we get to 10 people, sooner we can arrange the Draft. :)

57 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I'd suggest getting it up and then proceeding proper on Sunday.

This is officially the post that reminds me to get on with donating. There's only one place for a sentence like that.

• Like 4

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/football-association-diving-new-rules-retrospective-two-match-suspensions-bans-a7870011.html

Football Association to crack down on diving by handing out retrospective two-match suspensions

The authorities hope the bans will prove a deterrent that finally begins to force simulation out of the game

Players found guilty of the new offence of “successful deception of a match official” will face retrospective two-match suspensions from the start of this season, as part of a Football Association crackdown on diving that authorities hope will prove a deterrent that finally begins to force it out of the game.

The sanctions will come into place from Sunderland’s Championship home match with Derby County at the Stadium of Light on Friday, the first game of the new league season, but the idea has been on the agenda for a year.

Aware of an increasing appetite from managers’ meetings to do something about diving, the FA have noticed a “sea change” in feedback over the last 12 months, whereby more and more of those in the game wanted to introduce something that would make players actually think twice about going down in the first place.

The authorities will thereby seek to punish incidents that involve clear and overwhelming evidence of simulation, and that had significant consequence on the outcome of a match. It is thereby seen as worthy of a greater punishment than a player actually getting caught by the referee in a match, since the former is successful and the second is attempted.

So, if a player is believed to have dived to win a penalty or get an opposition player sent off, that will go to review that could well see a two-game ban.

This is a good start. Lets just hope that they actually bother will the rule after the first few games like they did with the holding in the box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Bloody Mike Dean was the only sod who bothered with the shirt pulling shit in the box thing last season!

Why are you so concerned with shirt lifting? 

5 minutes ago, Titi Camara said:

Beating Bayern 1-0 already. 

May as well just crown us champions of Europe now and get it over with :shifty: 

OK, we can then start the real season which matters.

Classic Studge.

I know it's only a preseason game but we've really looked promising on the counter attack. Front four of Salah/Mane/Firmino and Coutinho has produced some great moments.

Also, if I was a Championship club, I would be trying to get Ryan Kent on loan. Kid looks really exciting and excellent at driving forward on the wing. 

Just now, MDK said:

He's good but I think that might be a stretch, no? 

I don't think so, no. His goals to minutes is still up there with the best, although slightly worse than it was given the meaningless sub appearances he had last season. I think you can really only make an argument for Kane and Aguero ahead of him in all honesty, but I'd probably even pick him ahead of those two if he could stay fit.

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I don't think so, no. His goals to minutes is still up there with the best, although slightly worse than it was given the meaningless sub appearances he had last season. I think you can really only make an argument for Kane and Aguero ahead of him in all honesty, but I'd probably even pick him ahead of those two if he could stay fit.

I'd say that Lukaku is ahead of him as well. And Sanchez.