Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

I don't even think there should be a ban, just a rule that we flag any links very very clearly so we know which bellend has been looking at their site... 

This was my first thought, but kinda leaves people trapped if they wanna read whatever it is without visiting the site.

5 minutes ago, Nerf said:

This was my first thought, but kinda leaves people trapped if they wanna read whatever it is without visiting the site.

Typical thieving Scousers

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

What is wrong with League Three?

In the main? That it doesn't exist. 

Also, Lineker clearly put in his link to the Rose story that it was from The Sun. Everyone reading has the intelligence and right to decide for themselves whether they wish to click the link or not. Simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nerf said:

Not really comparable now, is it Rich? We're talking about a paper that is deeply offensive/upsetting to a not insignificant portion of members here on a personal level, and one that even prominent non-LFC fans (thinking TCO or Colly, can't remember who) have expressed outrage over whenever it's brought up on here. There are plenty of neutral places on the internet that have imposed bans on links to the Sun (along with the Daily Mail, but that's a different matter entirely) out of principle/respect for its members and in an effort to make it as inclusionary as possible. Don't really think it's asking too much to have columns pasted directly and avoid such members inadvertently contributing to their business, nor is it helpful to suggest that the problem is at all as trivial as "they're all fucking awful." That's a bit insulting to be honest.

I think this may have been me when they were harassing my friend with a life-threatening disease, trying to get her to give a fictionalised story about how she was a party girl that had had her life robbed from her by NHS negligence. Fucking scum.

2 hours ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

In the main? That it doesn't exist. 

Also, Lineker clearly put in his link to the Rose story that it was from The Sun. Everyone reading has the intelligence and right to decide for themselves whether they wish to click the link or not. Simple as that.

I just don't like the idea of links directly to The S*n being published.

But again I'm extremely biased as a) I'm a Liverpool fan, b) I'm a Scouser and our city basically got tarred with being scum who piss on the dead, rob from the dead and were at fault for the disaster, something which lets be honest there's going to be people on here who probably did think Hillsborough was down to Liverpool fans and  C) My dad was at Hillsborough. 

Got nothing wrong with people reading it or going on it as everyone has the right to read or believe what they want but for me personally, the less clicks and views they get the better. 

But as I said, I'm extremely biased on this subject. 

• Like 2

Just now, Titi Camara said:

I just don't like the idea of links directly to The S*n being published.

But again I'm extremely biased as a) I'm a Liverpool fan, b) I'm a Scouser and our city basically got tarred with being scum who piss on the dead, rob from the dead and were at fault for the disaster, something which lets be honest there's going to be people on here who probably did think Hillsborough was down to Liverpool fans and  C) My dad was at Hillsborough. 

Got nothing wrong with people reading it or going on it as everyone has the right to read or believe what they want but for me personally, the less clicks and views they get the better. 

But as I said, I'm extremely biased on this subject. 

Oh my personal stance is the same as yours, don't give The Sun the time of day, clicks or anything.

But overall, as a principle and rule for the board, I dont think banning links to certain newspapers' websites is a good way to go. If someone wants to post a Sun link, do so, make clear where it's from (as should be done with links to all outlets) and let the individual posters decide for themselves whether they want to click or not.

• Like 2