Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

He seems like one of those players that is brilliant when partnered or surrounded by other brilliant players.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/liverpool-echo-naby-keita-rb-leipzig-ss-nazis-ebola-column-outrage-a7871031.html

Liverpool newspaper sparks outrage after comparing RB Leipzig to the Nazis for not selling Naby Keita

A Liverpool-based newspaper has been forced to apologise after publishing a piece online which compared the German football club RB Leipzig to Nazi Germany’s SS.

The piece, published in the Liverpool Echo and written by columnist Derek McGovern, entitled “Who in God's name are Leipzig? - the kind of club who knock Everton out of a Europa League qualifier before finishing bottom of their group”, was published in the ‘Anfield Extra’ section of the website on Monday.

A section of the piece on Liverpool's continued pursuit of Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita - which has now been edited out - drew widespread criticism.

“[RB Leipzig] are hated in Germany because they are designed for profit rather than football. In fact they are the most hated outfit in Germany since the SS,” it read.

“Liverpool have made two bids for Keita and the only response they got from Leipzig was: “Show me your papers.”

I wonder if Leipzig will ban The Liverpool Echo from their stadia? 

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

I don't think so, no. His goals to minutes is still up there with the best, although slightly worse than it was given the meaningless sub appearances he had last season. I think you can really only make an argument for Kane and Aguero ahead of him in all honesty, but I'd probably even pick him ahead of those two if he could stay fit.

Nobody in their right mind would have Sturridge over Aguero or Kane regardless of how fit he is.

• Like 6

Key to point out that Sturridge's best season is 21 league goals. Since breaking into Spurs' first team Kane's WORST full season is 21 league goals and Aguero is averaging 20 goals a season since he came to the Premier League.

They're different gravy.

• Like 1

I mean, Andy Johnson got 21 goals in a season for Crystal Palace the year they got relegated :shifty:

Basically Daniel Sturridge is on the same level as a striker for Crystal Palace.

EDIT: Also, I genuinely believe Giroud is a better striker than Sturridge. Way more consistent and even if he does play for Arsenal I think it's criminal he doesn't get more game time.

• Like 1

I was looking on physioroom.com, since he joined Liverpool in January 2013, he's had 13 hip/thigh injuries. That is unreal. I wonder what the underlying cause is, whatever it is, it never seems to have being able to be rectified. I wonder if it's his running style or he's got something like hypermobile hip joints.

15 hours ago, TCO said:

Nobody in their right mind would have Sturridge over Aguero or Kane regardless of how fit he is.

I am actually a pretty big fan of Sturridge, and I do think he gets a bit of an unfair ride with people/Klopp but yeah let's not be silly and say he is the best in the league when it contains Kane and Aguero who are leagues ahead of anyone else as a pure striker (otherwise I would have crowbarred in Sanchez here) right now.