Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

From the looks of it, you set a time to do the draft on the site. Not sure how quickly you have to run through it though.

I presume it's just everyone taking turns picking players but that's just guesswork on my part! I know you can set the league up in either the classic or head to head format.

Right, so I've had a quick look. They recommend 8 players for a Private Draft League, which is what we'd be doing. Are there 8 of us willing to give it a go? Maximum is 16 if we have a couple more than that.

Whomever is the league admin (I'm willing to do it) picks a date and time to do the Draft, so long as it's before the Week 1 deadline of Friday August 11th. If you can't do the Draft at the set time you can do a 'Watchlist' of players you want beforehand but I think if there are 8 or less of us then we can surely sort out a time that we're all free?

It seems to work like any other sports' Draft Leagues, with waivers or free agent swaps to alter your squad. No captains either apparently.

Link to the full info is here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772
FAQs for it: https://draft.premierleague.com/help

So, if we have up to 8 people willing to do it, I'd be happy to run a Draft League under the proviso of what I originally posted on the previous page. I'll make a thread if enough people in here are willing to commit? Then in there we can sort out the Draft day and all that comes with that, keep up to date with each gameweek's fixtures and of course any waiver requests throughout the season.

EDIT: Max time between draft picks is 2 minutes so I guess we really would all have to be free at the time of the Draft, unless people absent build extensive Watchlists.

Since I'm even more ahead of the curve than Niner, we had our draft night on Friday gone and it worked quite smoothly. Everyone on the website, we set it at 90 seconds per pick and were through it in under two hours for 8 teams. Site works really well, no one lost connection and all 8 of us were on the same WiFi. I'd recommend it, was very fun and the frustration of someone nailing your next pick just before you was ace.

I won't join this one (already have 3 on the go...) but you lot definitely should.

I'll be up for it. Could we maybe have it this weekend? I can set it all up. I could make it suitable for people in most timezones.

I can make it for the following timezones. Is everyone all good if it is at:

10PM Australia

12PM England

8AM America

33 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I'd be down but I barely have the attention span for one fantasy thing (NFL), let alone this too. Good luck though! 

Would it make sense for you guys to start a separate thread for the ease of drafting, etc?

You do it all on the site tbh.

• Like 1

I remember at my old work we always did FF with a draft system. The website for it didn't include the actual draft functionality though, so it always involved us hiring out a room in a pub and spending an evening drinking and going round and round bidding on players. This often resulted in hilarity, such as the time someone blew £10m out of their £50m budget on Michael Chopra.

Good times.

• Like 1

Is there any spaces left for a fantasy footy draft? Cause I'll play. 

Happy to do the usual fantasy league as well. 

I don't want to be a div, but this was my idea in the first place and I'd like to run my original plan of a money league with 6-10 trustworthy members, now doing it as a Draft League as Troy suggested. 

Will start a new thread for it today to organise everything so long as folk are up for joining? 

Yeah, you run it. 

I'm sure there'll be room for the new guy to join in anyway! Sunday evening would probably be the best time to do a draft for me, but I could squeeze it in Saturday night instead. Also happy to do the picks gradually if you want to get picking ASAP.