2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Schefter and most of the Giants beat guys are now under the belief that Beckham will not play.

Honestly?  I'm glad.  He hasn't practiced and is clearly not 100%.  If he did play, he'd likely be limited to being a decoy which Dallas would be able to pick up on fairly quickly.  All it would take is one misstep or low hit to re-aggravate his ankle sprain and give him a setback.  Frankly even if Beckham were to be 100%, this is going to be a hard game to win.  I've seen no evidence that this Giants offense is magically gonna put up a ton of points.  They looked disjointed all preseason and just like last year I'm expecting it to be a while before the group gels.  It could be argued the group never gelled at all last year as they finished 25th in offense.  With that terrible O-line, they're never going to be a top flight offense.

So yeah, do the responsible thing and play it safe.  Yes it sucks to not have your best player against Dallas, but it's still only Week 1.  They've got an extra day to prepare for MNF next week.  15 games of a fully healthy Beckham is better than several weeks of him trying to play on a bum ankle that the team never allowed to heal.

• Like 1