2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

When all is said and done, Elliott should sue his accuser.And if the suspension is upheld,  both him and the Cowboys should sue  Goodell, and whoever wins the rushing title should get an asterisk by their name. If he plays the entire season and someone else wins it fair and square, fine. But if he's suspended and his stats at the end of the season for the games he plays is anywhere near what they were last year in the same # of games, whoever gets the rushing title will not be a legit winner.

Do I think Elliott is a jerk and has done some bad things that make me question his judgment? Yes. Do I believe the accuser? NOPE. ALL the so-called `evidence' is questionable.....at best. Reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse garbage.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plubby said:

This is not wrestling and Le'Veon Bell or whoever does not need to pin Ezekiel Elliott in the center of the field 1-2-3 to take the title :\

Yea but the SB would've been so much better if, as he was about to throw a TD, Julio Jones ran in and clocked Tom Brady with a chair

• Like 2

Have they figured out where to play it?  There was talk of making Week 1 their bye week which seems like an absolutely horrible idea, so I figure that's what will probably happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VerBlood Drive said:

Is there a nearby stadium where a team isn't playing? New Orleans or Atlanta possibly? 

Ford Field has hosted a game for Minny/Giants after that crazy blizzard in Minnesota a few years back.

I believe Jacksonville was available and offered.  Miami doesn't want the game moved because that's another home game lost for them, as they are also losing one to London this year....which makes the idea of using week 1 as their bye week even more insane.

I mean, I can see where Miami wouldn't want to lose another home game but these are extraordinary circumstances. 

I think I'd rather deal with missing two home games as opposed to not getting the week of rest the bye week offers. Especially if injuries happen and they need the week to get healthy.