2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Denver might part ways with Vance Joseph which I don't really like, Elway is largely responsible for this dumpster fire happening. He never had a plan after "Peyton Manning inevitably retires" and he didn't seem to really have a plan before "Peyton Manning surprisingly gets released from the Colts" so uh, maybe he should look in the mirror a bit more.

Dean Pees will be retiring as Ravens defensive coordinator. I wouldn't be stunned if Pagano winds up back here as d-coordinator. He was basically auditioning for a job with us last week with how highly he spoke about Baltimore in the lead-up to the game.

As it stands we likely have Giants, Lions, Bears, Cardinals, Broncos, Raiders, Colts, and Bengals as all open jobs at season's end. Wouldn't be shocked if Bucs or Browns end up joining that list.

While I agree Elway has drafted terribly and made some poor roster moves, there’s no way Vance should have been handed the keys to this team in the first place. I’m not sure how Elway thought Joseph’s mediocre career as a defensive coordinator would equal a successful head coaching career. I’m quite ok kicking him to the curb and letting John get another shot to put the right guy in there.

7 minutes ago, Meacon said:

While I agree Elway has drafted terribly and made some poor roster moves, there’s no way Vance should have been handed the keys to this team in the first place. I’m not sure how Elway thought Joseph’s mediocre career as a defensive coordinator would equal a successful head coaching career. I’m quite ok kicking him to the curb and letting John get another shot to put the right guy in there.

This is a valid point as it was kind of a misguided hire when it happened. But I just can't reconcile canning a coach after 1 year as not being a bad reflection on the GM instead of on the coach. You brought him on board and a single year isn't enough to see if it'll work out. Especially with that arsenal of shitty QBs.

Would you want the Broncos to enter the Matt Patricia sweepstakes?

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

This is a valid point as it was kind of a misguided hire when it happened. But I just can't reconcile canning a coach after 1 year as not being a bad reflection on the GM instead of on the coach. You brought him on board and a single year isn't enough to see if it'll work out. Especially with that arsenal of shitty QBs.

Would you want the Broncos to enter the Matt Patricia sweepstakes?

Nope! Belichik coordinators need not apply, a-thank you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Has there at least been points in your game? My god this game may end up 0-0 tie.

Dallas finally scored and missed the extra point because the kicker thought both sides agreed to no scoring today and is already half drunk.

:lol: Mostly Vikings points but yes

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VocalVomit said:

You don’t want McDaniels back?

All Belichik coordinators are no goo for ol Meacon. I had the McDaniels shitshow in Denver and the Charlie Weis shitshow in Notre Dame. I’d rather ride with Vance “I don’t know why we lost we looked good in practice” Joseph for another ten years.

• Like 2

Come on, Pitt. Let the Brownies get one. The Pats are gonna win so you can’t get homefield. Give those of us that hate you a reason to see you’re not just a bunch of dirty players.

35 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Dallas finally scored and missed the extra point because the kicker thought both sides agreed to no scoring today and is already half drunk.

And now he missed a field goal from old extra point range that would’ve ended it. This is the saddest shit. @Maxx I’m blaming you for wasting three hours of my life.

15 minutes ago, damshow said:

Steelers trying to let the Browns win but even the Browns can't do that right.

Also, if the Colts hang on the Browns will have the 1st and 3rd picks in the draft.

Poor Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley. They’re only kids!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Come on, Pitt. Let the Brownies get one. The Pats are gonna win so you can’t get homefield. Give those of us that hate you a reason to see you’re not just a bunch of dirty players.

And now he missed a field goal from old extra point range that would’ve ended it. This is the saddest shit. @Maxx I’m blaming you for wasting three hours of my life.

Fuck that, I want to share my 0-16 misery. 

The Lions are about to sweep the Packers which is cool. 

Seriously, how the fuck do we go 5-1 in our division, sweep the Packers, and miss the playoffs?? Fucking Lions.

• Like 1

Just now, VocalVomit said:

Fuck that, I want to share my 0-16 misery. 

The Lions are about to sweep the Packers which is cool. 

Seriously, how the fuck do we go 5-1 in our division, sweep the Packers, and miss the playoffs?? Fucking Lions.

That really is one of the most Lions things to happen in awhile.

Sudfeld put up some really good numbers, 83% completion, and maybe the Eagles should start him over Foles in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I appreciate Peyton for helping Denver win another Super Bowl, but if he can fuck off with these dumb as shit Nationwide commercials, I think I’d appreciate that even more.

Oh my god Kizer somehow escaped that rush and got it to Coleman who plain damned dropped it. How sad and yet so damn fitting way to end this season.