2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Had a dream last night that the Patriots drafted Tim Brady, Tom Brady's clone. The commentator was like "Bill Belichick has done it again!" :shifty: 

• Like 1

I had a dream once that Brady was sacked hard during a game and revealed to be an android. As a result, the Patriots were forced to forfeit every game he ever played in.....and forced to sign JaMarcus Russell to a lifetime contract, as further punishment. 

• Like 1

• Admin

A handful of days left until the draft starts, combined with night shift boredom... this is my mock of how I think the top of the first round will go:

1. Cleveland select Sam Darnold
  2. NYG select Saquon Barkley
  3. NYJ select Baker Mayfield
  4. Cleveland select Bradley Chubb
  5. Denver could well trade down if they get the right offer which blows their socks off. Otherwise I'm saying it's Quenton Nelson here (unless Elway really, really likes Josh Rosen...)
  6. Indianapolis would love to trade down... but I'm not convinced it necessarily happens! So they select someone like Roquan Smith.

Then in terms of the other QB's - Buffalo finally trade up, into #9, 49ers receive picks #53 and #96. They then take Josh Allen. Josh Rosen's fall ends with Miami at #11, and Lamar Jackson gets taken by someone trading up into the high-teen spots... hell, why not the Jags, if the deal can be made around the #18-#21 spots? Arizona could take him at #15, but in my scenarop they don't pass up on Minkah Kitzpatrick dropping all the way to them.

Of course, none of this will happen because the Patriots will trade up as far as they can and nab guy who ends up being the best QB of the class >_<

You know what I could see happening? Pats trading up into the late teens and taking Mason Rudolph. 

19 minutes ago, Lineker said:

No chance.

Okay, calm down Vinnie Mac! Haha.

I think Arizona takes a QB in the first if there's one on the board at #15, not convinced Keim would ever trade the farm to move up for Mayfield now.

So I guess Lamar Jackson is the best bet if that scenario plays out. I think it's going to be a very interesting draft this year.

I'm really wondering how the Browns might screw this up, because there is always that chance with the Browns.  Not taking Barkley at #1 and one of the QBs at #4 seems like a great way to do it.  Having two picks in the Top 5 and walking out with Josh Allen is probably another good way to do it.

I will laugh so hard if they take Josh Allen.  I'll also feel relieved because I'm terrified of the prospect of the Giants taking him.

I don't really want Barkley just because I think getting your QB of the future is way more important - yet I still want Barkley a billion times more than I'd ever want Allen.

What's everyone's preferred QB order / ranking then? 

I still need to watch some tape, but I'm thinking Darnold and Mayfield as the top two. Rosen probably should be up there too.