Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Wow, that was a sensational goal from Lacazette.

I reckon it’s because Marco Silva isn’t actually that great of a manager. They should be doing much, much better.

I really rate Silva. I think it's probably a bit striking because he had such an immediate impact at Hull and Watford, but this is a bigger project, hope he gets time.

• Like 1

Silva is a good manager. Give him time. Results will come. Today was an interesting day. Who would have said weeks ago that the champions league would be at Man United's reach at this point in the season? It is very close. Of course Arsenal is still in that fight too, so it's gonna be one hell of a season.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I really rate Silva. I think it's probably a bit striking because he had such an immediate impact at Hull and Watford, but this is a bigger project, hope he gets time.

I mean...people criticised Big Sam, Koeman, Martinez etc. They've spent a lot of money yet they're 11th. Plus side for them is there's literally only 3 points between 7th and 12th. 

I think he's the right man for the job don't get me wrong but he could be doing better. 

45 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I do worry he's done his ACL in, which as we know will keep him out for a long time. :(

Yeah the replay looked pretty bad. Wonder if that'll prompt us to bring in a RB now at least.

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

Got the 3pts which was the main thing. Shame we couldn't build on the lead but not completely falling to pieces once Brighton scored is a plus. Now to watch the sides around us hopefully drop points in the next 24hrs.

Massive day for you lot. Chelsea dropping points and another win. Top 4 is wide open. 

37 minutes ago, MDK said:

And the last time you won something?

2012. Been to a couple of finals since then and hey Champions League football is back and were in a title challenge. Been a decent few seasons. 

I mean would have to go a hell of a lot further back for Everton last winning something. What about Orient. Probably further back then that :shifty:

36 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Yeah the replay looked pretty bad. Wonder if that'll prompt us to bring in a RB now at least.

Horrible injury. There's no such thing as a good injury but an injury like that occurring the way it did is even worse. It's a shame there's a lot going on behind the scenes at Arsenal cause if all the rumblings are to be believed it's only gonna be loan deals that might be getting looked into. I wouldn't trust Lichtsteiner as right back for the rest of the season. 

Chelsea shat the bed a bit yesterday, didn't they? I really hope that Man City can keep up with Liverpool to at least make the title a two horse race, because Spurs probably aren't going to catch up and the more interesting race could be for the last two Champions League spots.

Still desperately in need of a striker (Higuain please) and it appears Sarri's tactics don't work if a team can't perform just because their primary method is countered then some changes are in order.

42 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Bit of trivia for the day. 

The referee that sent James Milner off yesterday, Jon Moss, was also coach of the school football team Milner captained. 

Probably as good as a coach as he is a ref. 

(Correct decision yesterday with the sending off like. But overall he is a shit ref)

Also another bit of trivia. Last time Milner got sent off for Liverpool it was also against Palace and also was for fouls on Zaha.