Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

This one truly was mutual consent apparently. Wagner told the club he was burned out and would be stepping aside at the end of the season, but it was jointly decided to be for the best now.

It's a hard one. From all the things I've read and seen he's gotten himself fully invested in the club and in the town. Seen videos of him singing songs in the town after they got promoted. 

That team on paper should never have survived and they did. Despite them not being particularly good whatsoever he's done a brillaint job at the club and it won't hurt his stock. Huddersfield I hope don't try and go for a quick fix and employ the same shite of Mark Hughes, Big Sam etc. 

• Like 1

I think Wagner losing his love for Huddersfield and the Premier League comes from just how draining the Premier League is to teams if they aren't an established top six side. Teams after their third fixture spend the remaining thirty five games of the season desperately trying to grind out results with dire defensive football and poor player replacements after their best players have been bought by better clubs. No tactical changes work, the players are unhappy and the fans are bored of being beaten every week. Eventually, you get relegated.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

He's done a brilliant job there but I have thought for the past couple of weeks that it looks like they needed to change it, for everyone's sake. His interviews just seemed to be missing something and the team plainly cannot get wins with the squad and way they're playing. They'd have won on Saturday if they had a goalscorer, they dominated the game at Cardiff. Changing it now gives them a chance to do something, be it a manager to galvanise them or at least a signing or two. If they go for one of the failures on the merry-go-round like Pardew, Hughes or that gravy-loving twat though I will lose much respect for them.

Sky Bet annoyed me on Twitter, referring to the Play Off victory as Wagner giving Huddersfield the "greatest moment in their history". They're three-time Champions of England and won the FA Cup too. Football didn't start in bloody 1992.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Football didn't start in bloody 1992.

Doesn't fit the narrative for the banter pages etc if they don't take anything pre Sky football into account. 

49 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Are Man City ever going to sell out their ground?

Best was before I had Spotify premium I would always have adverts for tickets for Man City games. Tinpot club. 

42 minutes ago, Colly said:

Yes mate, BT Sport are paying you money to fucking merk the audience. Prick. 

Rio has always been a gobshite. You've been merked was a highlight of his peek being a bit of a twat. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Speaking of football not existing before 1992, I don’t think I’ve ever heard Sky mention the actual greatest finish to a league season ever that occurred at Anfield in 1989. :rolleyes:

Didn't happen. It was before 1992 :shifty:

13 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Guess they're probably regretting loaning out Clyne now, huh.

🤷‍♂️

We've got Milner/Fabinho and Gomez who can cover there. 

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Petr Cech has announced that he will retire at the end of the season. 

Not even considering going China or America for a year so he can get one final pay cech.... 

:shifty: