Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think at this point we can safely say Man City are the best team in the league, and if Liverpool do win the title it will be down largely to good fortune.

At that point it really will just be "their year".

I don't think you can say if we do win it we are fortunate. We are on course to get over 90 points and could very well finish 2nd.

We've lost once all season and have the best defence in the league. It's alright for City to be the best as they should be the best considering the squad they have and the money they've spent to assemble said squad. 

If we do win the league it won't be down to luck. Have we had the rub of the green in some games? Yes. But we've had moments that have gone against us that's football. City have had their luck too at times. 

Whoever wins it, deserves to win it. But whoever finishes 2nd there won't be any shame, especially considering the points total they'll have will probably have won the league in a lot of seasons. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adam said:

I think at this point we can safely say Man City are the best team in the league, and if Liverpool do win the title it will be down largely to good fortune.

At that point it really will just be "their year".

This is a bizarre take.

It's like saying Chelsea fluked their way to 90+ points with a million lucky 1-0 wins. At some point, it stops being luck and starts being the will to win. 19 goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season does not indicate luck, but the ability to force wins in crucial moments, which is exactly what City did last year. Not to mention City have had their fair share of dodgy decisions go their way, and we've had them go against us. That happens. You can't single out one (or two, since I'm guessing you're lumping Divock 90+6 in to force this narrative) example of a last minute winner and write off an entire season to "good fortune."

This is a team that has scored 72 goals and conceded a mere 19 with six left to play, and is well on pace for 90 odd points. I don't want to hear anything about bottle jobs or flukes, no matter what happens come May. What City and Liverpool are both doing is historically good, and the fact they're both doing it in the same season should not undermine either team. The only thing "luck" comes into is that whoever finishes second will be desperately unlucky to do so.

• Like 1

Alright lads, don't worry. I actually would prefer Liverpool win the league but they were fortunate to win yesterday and I am most certainly "lumping" Origi's winner in the Derby into it, you didn't deserve to win that game and if Pickford went for that ball 99 times out of 100 it wouldn't have ended up in the net. You got the 1 in 100 there, I still can't believe how that happened.

Liverpool have been terrific this season but I feel as though City have just edged it up to now, in terms of quality I mean. They obviously edge a very tight title race at this stage too but I would be surprised if they win every one of their remaining games so Liverpool still have a great chance.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Alright lads, don't worry. I actually would prefer Liverpool win the league but they were fortunate to win yesterday and I am most certainly "lumping" Origi's winner in the Derby into it, you didn't deserve to win that game and if Pickford went for that ball 99 times out of 100 it wouldn't have ended up in the net. You got the 1 in 100 there, I still can't believe how that happened.

Because Pickford's got little arms.

• Like 2

I don't want Liverpool to win the league.

If Man City beat us at OT and it happens to help them on their way to winning it, so be it, but when the day of that game comes I'll want to win it like every other game, including the Community Shield.

I would probably make Liverpool favourites at the moment though. City still need to play Spurs and come to OT, a game I'm confident we will get something out of. 

If Liverpool do win the league, they will definitely have deserved it. Plus side for me is that I'm in Vegas for the entire week following the final game of the season so if they do win, I'll miss most of the celebrations. :shifty:

• Like 1

City's owners, manager, and players will want to get to the Champions League Final. I can't see them winning the CL, FA Cup and the League. 

• Admin

Everton are investigating an alleged incident involving England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford during a night out in Sunderland on Sunday.

Pickford was back in his home city on a day off following Everton’s victory at West Ham United on Saturday when he allegedly became involved in a fracas with a member of the public. The incident was filmed on a camera phone by a bystander.

His club have opened an internal investigation into events, only weeks after manager Marco Silva said the 25-year-old needed to improve his “emotional balance” following an erratic display against Newcastle.

A statement released by Everton read: “The club has been made aware of an alleged incident involving one of our players and we are looking into the matter.”

If you told me at the start of the season that at this stage, Arsenal would be ahead of Spurs, United and Chelsea, I would have thought you had a screw loose. 

I'd have bitten your hand off for 3rd place at the start of the season so I'm chuffed. Great goal by Lacazette as well, could have been more.