Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

Shearer was my first thought too, and he's someone we let slip due to our shit academy. To have someone who's come through the ranks to be one of the best strikers in the world, then let him go to rebuild elsewhere is horrible to see as a fan. Even knowing what happened in terms of injuries I'm still of the view that Andy Carroll could have done the same to a lesser extent with us. When fit he was outstanding, and the fans adored him. Football needs that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47915073

Tottenham ban fans for persistent standing at new stadium

Tottenham have banned "several" fans for persistent standing since their new stadium opened this month.

Spurs beat Crystal Palace in the first game at the £1bn Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on 3 April, and fans were warned before Tuesday's 1-0 Champions League quarter-final first-leg victory over Manchester City.

"It is important that everyone is able to see the match and enjoy it," read a Spurs email to supporters.

The length of the bans is not known.

NO FUN ALLOWED

Just now, Jimmy said:

Having been there, it was amazing standing for so long, but it's not fair on people who aren't able to do that. It's important kids & older ppl can see the game. 

Is that why you ran onto the pitch the other night?

Depending on the fee and depending on the timing I might have sold Shearer. It was a different era though. The fee that he would have commanded wouldn't have been near as club altering as Kane's would be now and it'd be more or less just getting the money that the club already spent back on him. Also I wouldn't trust Newcastle's board or manager like I would Levy and Poch.

I just think it should be considered. They seem to be fine without him despite having very little depth up front. A few clever purchases and chipping the stadium debt away could do them the world of good long-term. I don't think Liverpool are too upset about selling Coutinho given how he was replaced. It's risky but if the money was right then I'd do it.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Having been there, it was amazing standing for so long, but it's not fair on people who aren't able to do that. It's important kids & older ppl can see the game. 

I went to see Sheffield Wednesday play Liverpool at Hillsborough when I was about nine because my local sports centre was organising a nicely discounted trip for young people. Pretty much my entire experience was spent in the shadows of adults who were standing during the game. I barely even got a glimpse of the pitch for the whole match and had to stare at the scoreboard to have any idea what was going on.

7 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

Taking a look at Spurs recent business, I don't really have any faith that the Kane money wouldn't be pissed away - for every Davinson Sanchez there's a Janssen or Nkoudou. 

Tbf that describes pretty much any club.

If you want to challenge at the very top level, you can't be selling 25/30 goal a season players, doesn't matter who you are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I went to see Sheffield Wednesday play Liverpool at Hillsborough when I was about nine because my local sports centre was organising a nicely discounted trip for young people. Pretty much my entire experience was spent in the shadows of adults who were standing during the game. I barely even got a glimpse of the pitch for the whole match and had to stare at the scoreboard to have any idea what was going on.

Honestly the sooner safe standing comes in the better, at very least it would allow kids/shorter people to go to away games and actually see something.

On 12/04/2019 at 13:04, Colly said:

Honestly I think it is coincidence to an extent. It's a good first team but after that there's a good few players who are alright but not massively productive (I like the look of Moura but he's been hot and cold when I've watched him). I think there's a fair bit of burnout amongst a team of players playing an awful lot of games, and less of a plan B than say City and Liverpool. Not helped of course by not signing anyone.

Outside looking in, I could be talking nonsense...

You can thank me later.

42 minutes ago, Gazz said:

If you want to challenge at the very top level, you can't be selling 25/30 goal a season players, doesn't matter who you are.

Let's say for arguments sake Spurs play great or even better without Kane (which is crap in the long term). Even if true, I am sure Spurs would like different options and ways to win a game....

• Like 1