Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Granit Xhaka has been really good in the past few weeks, then he does this. Sigh.

Why are my Twitter embedments suddenly so wide? 

He's literally just had a look over to see who's there right before he does that as well. Infuriating.

May or may not be relevant in Sturridge's case (I know literally nothing about it at this stage bar the headline) but football seriously needs to start doing something about how significantly betting culture has infiltrated the game. Every damn shirt has a betting company logo on it, there's so much of it and I don't believe it's healthy for a lot of fans and certainly for players who have a lot of money and can easily put themselves into a big spiral very quickly by pursuing betting as a hobby. I think it's really dangerous.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

May or may not be relevant in Sturridge's case (I know literally nothing about it at this stage bar the headline) but football seriously needs to start doing something about how significantly betting culture has infiltrated the game. Every damn shirt has a betting company logo on it, there's so much of it and I don't believe it's healthy for a lot of fans and certainly for players who have a lot of money and can easily put themselves into a big spiral very quickly by pursuing betting as a hobby. I think it's really dangerous.

Add to the fact there are multiple betting adverts every broadcast. Even that reminder seconds before kick-off. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Add to the fact there are multiple betting adverts every broadcast. Even that reminder seconds before kick-off. 

It's insidious isn't it. Advertising all over the place, on the tele coverage, on shirts and boards and graphics and I could go on and on. I can't stand Barton but I did agree with some of his comments when he was banned about the hypocrisy of it all from the governing bodies singling him out yet continuing to get in bed with betting companies left, right and centre.