NFL 2018

Lineker

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

If he just didn’t like him, then Baker continues to be the immature little prick he was in college. But the fact that he can’t seem to let it go, and the stare down during the games, makes me feel something must’ve gone down between them. Just feels way too petty for it to be “I just didn’t like him.” If that makes any sense.

Could be but even Duke Johnson was getting in on it

14 minutes ago, Lineker said:

MG3UUbQ.gif

Fucking Kansas just won't die. I feel like I need to watch more football next year so that I understand the game better. I tend to tune in for the playoffs and that's about it, but I generally enjoy the hell out of it when I do.

The obvious thing to do would be to make plays like that an automatic booth (not field) review, and to fine the officiating staff their paychecks for the game. But it was such blatantly bad calling during that game that I wouldn't have a problem if the head referee ends up fired. There was another bad non-call on pass interference by the Rams earlier in the game, and I was surprised when they did call it on them during overtime.

The `fuck the Rams' thing was just me being heated, considering I was watching the game with a lifelong Saints fan sitting near me and I was mad seeing his team get robbed. But I'm still not going to pull for them in the Super Bowl, because they don't deserve to be in the game.  I may be sick to death of the Patriots, but if they make it I'd rather see them win than a team that had their ticket to the game punched by bad officials.

2 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

The obvious thing to do would be to make plays like that an automatic booth (not field) review, and to fine the officiating staff their paychecks for the game. But it was such blatantly bad calling during that game that I wouldn't have a problem if the head referee ends up fired. There was another bad non-call on pass interference by the Rams earlier in the game, and I was surprised when they did call it on them during overtime.

The `fuck the Rams' thing was just me being heated, considering I was watching the game with a lifelong Saints fan sitting near me and I was mad seeing his team get robbed. But I'm still not going to pull for them in the Super Bowl, because they don't deserve to be in the game.  I may be sick to death of the Patriots, but if they make it I'd rather see them win than a team that had their ticket to the game punched by bad officials.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You want a flag on every play?  Because thats what will happen.  They won't just flag the "obvious" stuff, they'll flag everything just to be safe

I don't see that getting overturned.  You just can't tell. 

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I don't think he touched it but I also think it's too close to change it

Thats what I think.   

Ok thats better

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lint said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You want a flag on every play?  Because thats what will happen.  They won't just flag the "obvious" stuff, they'll flag everything just to be safe

Fines is what some leagues do in situations like that. Their screwups determined the outcome, so why should they get paid for it? That and not letting them work the next postseason would be an appropriate punishment. 

2 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Fines is what some leagues do in situations like that. Their screwups determined the outcome, so why should they get paid for it? That and not letting them work the next postseason would be an appropriate punishment. 

If you fuck up once at your job does your boss take your salary? Lint is right. If you're going to fine referees over one mistake, regardless of the circumstances, then you're going to have referees throwing flags on anything and everything just so they don't have to worry about losing their pay. 

• Like 1