Football Manager 2019

Gazz

48 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Does focusing play through the middle not cut the wide players out of the game?

Depends on your team's attacking width and roles. For example, in Liam's tactic, I wouldn't expect Reus to be any further wider than the width of the penalty area, giving Gotze plenty of opportunities to feed him the ball.

One thing to remember is that the shape you set up with on the tactics board is your shape when you don't have the ball. Roles dictate shape when you're in possession.

• Like 2

I might start my save again and try some experimental tactics. 5-2-3 with inverted wingbacks, diamond defence with winbacks and a sword in attack, something with three shadow strikers maybe.

Noticed a bug. In my match against The Dog and Duck a decision was made with the help of VAR. You barely get linesmen who can run in a straight line never mind VAR in League Three.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have VAR all the way down to level 12, it's just 'VAR' means 'Keith on the touchline, videoing the game on his Motorola'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Noticed a bug. In my match against The Dog and Duck a decision was made with the help of VAR. You barely get linesmen who can run in a straight line never mind VAR in League Three.

For a moment there I thought you meant linesmen didn't run in a straight line in League Three in the game. Got excited for a moment... then disappointed. :(