Football Manager 2022

Lineker

Finished my 4th season with Dortmund with another league win, however no DFB-Pokal or Champions League win.

I went a bit nuts and signed a dozen newgens for the youth and B teams.

Moukoko scored 27 in 35(1), Sesko 19 in 31(4), Satriano 19 in 20(8) and Pepi 6 in 12(11). Reyna once again helped out with 12 goals in 35(3) from his central midfield role.

Speaking of central midfield - things went to shit in January when Jude Bellingham left for Liverpool for £134M and Weston McKinnie leaving for his £80M release clause to Spurs. So I had to replace two of my starting central midfielders. I pushed Vitinha up to central midfield from his defensive midfield role, where he played well before ending his season early with a broken ankle. Jurrien Timber made the switch from right back to defensive midfield, replacing Vitinha. Ilaix Moriba came in for £86M to fill the other midfield role and Tino Livramento replaced Timber at right back for £89M.

As I look ahead to the new season I have £94M in transfer budget and £402K p/w in wage budget that I have no idea what to do with. Perhaps more youth signings as I'm pretty set with my first team.

• 1 month later...

Playing a game in Italy and all 3 teams promoted from Serie B in the first season were coming off promotions from Serie C.

Subsequently, they are all getting annihilated in Serie A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to do one last save for this years game with Brentford.

Have been very inconsistent throughout the season so far - but I recently beat Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford and I was so chuffed. I never beat any of the big teams away from home when I am a smaller team. Such a proud moment. :wub:

Also, Brentford are a real fun side to manage. 

• Like 2

My on going FM16 game with Parkvilla:

• Gone the whole 2023 season unbeaten getting 97 out of a possible 100 points
  • Finished with a goal difference of +108 (F 122  A 14)
  • Broke the LOI highest win record twice in a month beating Drogheda Utd 8-1 and Galway Utd 8-0.
  • Wonderkid Jamie Watters scored 36 league goals and has 57 in all comps (with 2 games left in the champions league groups)
  • Beat Spurs in the Europa League Final to win the competition for the 2nd time.
  • Cork City,  Shamrock Rovers,.Bohemians and St Patrick's Athletic  qualified for group stages of the Europa. Theyre not likely to qualify from their groups last I checked.

Probably cant hold on to Watters too much longer. Man City are sniffing around and he wants to win the Champions League. Which is probably still beyond us.

But he has broken pretty much all records set by my ex-striker Aloísio who scored 46 in a season and broke down after

so maybe selling him before he also drops off a cliff is good :shifty:

• Like 1

After talking about it for a while, finally made a database where players are declared for the nationality they possess that is ranked lowest in the FIFA rankings (those declared for non-FIFA members don't get changed), the results are... pretty remarkable for some teams:

Spoiler

image.png

There's plenty of other changes too - Suriname, DR Congo, and Ghana are all particularly improved.

Alternate Nation Database.fmf

• Like 3

As I expected England loses a million players. Ireland gains a heap of England internationals and lots of Swiss internationals go off to the Balkans.

Meanwhile, The champions league dream lives on! IMG_20221005_232807.jpgIMG_20221005_232817.jpg

• Like 2

It's already having an effect in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying, with Suriname and Haiti (who gain amongst other Mike Maignon) advancing to the third round instead of El Salvador and Panama as happened IRL. Haiti knocked out Curacao, another country that gained (though many of their potential players were lost to Suriname).

• Like 1

This reminds me that in my FM16 game the Irish national team has been heavily affected by the wealth of the domestic league.

For a start half the team plays for Parkvilla but the majority of call ups are League of Ireland players. Or players who have taken irish citizenship after joining League of Ireland Clubs and remaining in the country.

The first I can remember was Ethan Ebanks Landell. More recently Celsinho, a newgen Brazilian has gotten a call up. Theres an argentine goalkeeper too.

Theyve qualified for the 2024 euros as well. Which is really gonna disrupt the  LOI which is summer league.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MadJack said:

After talking about it for a while, finally made a database where players are declared for the nationality they possess that is ranked lowest in the FIFA rankings (those declared for non-FIFA members don't get changed), the results are... pretty remarkable for some teams:

Reveal hidden contents

There's plenty of other changes too - Suriname, DR Congo, and Ghana are all particularly improved.

Alternate Nation Database.fmf 667.1 kB · 0 downloads

That's ripe for an FMtube experiment video that is.

• Like 2