Football Manager 2020

Lineker

18 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Fortunately, seems that Germany, Belgium, and somehow Portugal produce players with Luxembourgish passports, so the hope of building up talent through those countries.

I'm surprised at Portugal being there, though their may actually be some merit in looking for Luxembourgish Brazilians - I don't know if it's reflected in-game, but Brazil is home the largest Luxembourgish diaspora, even above those European countries you might expect - Belgium, Germany and France.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

I'm surprised at Portugal being there, though their may actually be some merit in looking for Luxembourgish Brazilians - I don't know if it's reflected in-game, but Brazil is home the largest Luxembourgish diaspora, even above those European countries you might expect - Belgium, Germany and France.

I guess it would make more sense if Luxembourg produced players with Portuguese passports as close to 20% of the people living in Luxembourg are portuguese but still it doesn't surprise me that much. Over half of the luxembourg population has at least a portuguese grand parent. I'm going to assume they did that because of this, even if, as I said, it would make more sense the other way r.

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

As Luxembourg itself my two best results are draws against Lithuania and Ukraine respectively in the Euro Qualifiers. I'm fully expecting my status as nuisance will continue for quite some time still.

A draw against Ukraine seems like a pretty decent result, but that's maybe because I'm really bad at managing national teams in FM. I'd be more likely to get a draw against Luxembourg while managing Ukraine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

I guess it would make more sense if Luxembourg produced players with Portuguese passports as close to 20% of the people living in Luxembourg are portuguese but still it doesn't surprise me that much. Over half of the luxembourg population has at least a portuguese grand parent. I'm going to assume they did that because of this, even if, as I said, it would make more sense the other way r.

Huh, I never knew that, interesting.

On 03/10/2020 at 15:54, Gazz said:

Going to get pummelled in League One.

Christmas 2020 update: I'm top of League One because I am a football management god.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Christmas 2020 update: I'm top of League One because I am a football management god.

but where is your son?

On 11/10/2020 at 13:57, Gazz said:

Season 2: Promoted to the Championship.

Season 3: 2pts from first 5 Championship games, switched my BBM to a Mezzala and have won five on the bounce. Four of my first team played for Orient when they were in the National League.

• Lineker locked and unlocked this topic

Update on my hideously slow 18 person draft :

Thomas Muller & Alexandre Lacazette were my pre draft pick ups.

Round one, I was one spot away from getting Neymar, picked up Sadio Mane instead, round two I was one pick away from Busquets so got Toni Kroos instead. Round three Joshua Kimmich was picked up about 4 spaces before so I grabbed Mats Hummels.

My pick for the next round is a couple away so I want to grab Andy Robertson then hopefully Dani Carvajal on the go round, it will give me a solid base.

My only other players I definitely am looking to fill out the starting 11 are De Ligt and Donnarumma - Then I have some utility players in mind. Just wish it was going faster.

My starting 11 is in...

GK Gianluigi Donnarumma

RB/RWB Dani Carvajal

LB/LWB Ben Chilwell

CB Mats Hummels

CB Joel Matip

CM/DM Toni Kroos

CM/DM Naby Keita

RM/AMC Thomas Muller

LM/AML Julian Brandt

AMR/ST Sadio Mane

ST Alexandre Lacazette

My 12th pick was going to be James Milner as he is basically cover in 6 positions which is amazing, but he was picked just before, so i had to drop to pick 12 which was Diego Costa. I’m going to get Jonny from Wolves as pick 13 I believe, but there are a few really good players out there - and as this is the last draft in FM20 and your squad can retain up to 5 players, I’m going to get some players who will have huge improvements in FM21

• 2 weeks later...

Had a weird thing happen in FM12 yesterday. Playing PSV in Champions League and "won 4-0" even though 2 other goals were scored during the match. They happened, had the goal icon ball on the match timeline, but didn't show up on the score sheet, final result, or anything like that. Bizarre one. It was the first 2 second half goals that would've made it 4-0, that weren't registered. Then the fifth and sixth ones were counted.

Gazz presents: The Completed Pentagon, a love story in five stages.

1. Take control of League Two Leyton Orient.

2. Get promoted.

3. Get promoted again.

4. Get promoted again so your home stadium is too small for the Premier League regulations, forcing your board to build you a new stadium, a stadium which, because you're such a fucking iconic legendstar of Leyton Orient, they let you suggest a name for.

myke.png

Football Manager. Completed it, mate.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1