Football Manager 2024

Lineker

Had the wildest ever end to a season as Kilwinning Rangers in the Scotland Reborn mod, three games to go and I absolutely blow the Spotify Championship title by getting beat 4-0 at home to Arbroath down to the keeper I brought in after my first choice got injured for rest of the season(I've dropped numerous points with his performances blowing a lead). 1 Point behind with two games to go, I'm against Inverness, St Johnstone against Clyde who are already relegated.

Decide just to go for it seeing as league is over anyway and go attacking/very attacking from the start, absolutely battering Inverness who go down to 10 men after 30 minutes, finally score after 70 minutes. St Johnstone are still 0-0. Still battering Inverness and for now top of the league(still have no hope of Clyde holding out). 

92 minutes gone and Inverness break up the park and I concede a penalty, only for the keeper who hasn't stopped a shot in months to save it! Game finishes 1-0 but I don't get the trophy animation, although St Johnstone blew it and I'm champions! 

Was near a heart attack at numerous stages.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was there anything particularly notable about 2007/2008 that justifies this? All I can think of is that that was the last year that I lived in Kilmarnock and therefore also the last year that I regularly travelled to away games but I’m not 100% convinced that is what led these people to make a database for that year.

In order to get my mind off things, I decided to start a new FM game, even though I haven't played in years. This is FM21 because it's the one I own. Sorry-

I have a pack I downloaded back in the day that makes every single country league playable, and decided to pick the Uzbekistan league (obviously). Anyway, I pick Paxtakor because at least they would be playing asian champions league football and I wanted something more than just domestic football.

The league itself was going really well leading the league with 14 wins and 5 draws after 19 matches. I had problems in the cup (there's a group stage, and I ended up with 2 draws and a loss in my group so I'm already out). In the Asian Champions League I reached  quarter finals and was basically "killed" by Al Hilal from Saudi Arabia away.

image.png

Yeah, I know, if you lose 9-3 you're really bad. I'm aware.

Then, second leg and I had zero expectations, obviously.

but at half time I had a 3-2 lead and I thought "I can get some money out of this." In Uzbekistan it's very useful.

image.png

49,51 and 52 minutes and then we were 6-2 and I started believing.

And this actually happened.

Both of these matches were unbelievable. But it's even more amazing that both were in the same two-legged tie.

I've been playing CM/FM since 1994 and I never had anything similar to this happen to me.

• Like 3

There was an FM game - I think it might have been 2009 - where these things were ridiculously common in two-legged ties. I think it was something to do with the team that lost the first leg getting an insane morale boost for the second leg or something. It was broken to the extent that you'd end up tanking the first leg just to make sure you went through in the end.

• 1 month later...

Playing a game with Southport on FM22 (console FM was bugging me but I refuse to buy FM24 this late :P) and in the second season. Somehow, the geography of the National League N/S teams has led to St Albans City being in the NL North. Not sure how familiar everybody is with the location St Albans, but north it is not.

• Like 1