Football Manager 2024

Lineker

6 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Also does anyone have a good league setup for keeping a lot of the international teams stocked with players?

When you choose small, medium or large database size, you can choose custom and then tick the box for 'Current International Players' for whichever regions you want.

• Like 3

I hate England.image.png

9 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

What is it about the game that's apparently so good?

Match engine is much improved and largely reflects the tactical reality of today, the game runs much quicker now - processing times are greatly reduced, it feels like a big step up from FM22+23.

• Like 1

Went 20 games with 19 wins and a draw, then proceed to labour through every game after that no matter what I tweaked. Managed to win the title but thank fuck for the first half of the season.

Also ended up with both goalkeepers injured and needing to use a fake player in goals for the must-win final game. 😂

Maybe interesting to people who want to do a more analytical approach to recruiting. This is a YouTuber i've checked out in the past mostly for his methodologies on Front Office Football 8, but he's now decided to show off his methodology on FM24 using Python scripts to help analyze what players fit his schemes the best. He also shares and explains all the stuff he made.

It's not a set and forget type of system, and still takes some guesswork into account. But still helps prune and find good scheme fits that helps cut away the chaff.

Stumbled to 4 promotions in a row with Scunthorpe just from some really lucky loan signings on deadline days and the discovery of Shola Shoretire. Started the Championship season not too badly with some of the easier games at first. 

Although the top two's wage bills are 1.8m a week, 23rd lowest is 250k and then there's me with 155k.

im-in-dange-the-simpsons.gif

• Like 2

Forgot about Game Pass, which I re-upped a few months back, so I'm on the FM24 train. Imported my Leeds save from FM23 on a post relegation update where I got them back into the Prem. It's funny to load the game in with a team that has pretty much no one attracting intrest from other clubs, advance the game once and then the Saudis arrive...

0KB6uP2.gif

• Haha 4

The new functionalities for selling players makes a huge difference.

I've got through 8 seasons on my beta save (no, I don't have a social life) and it's definitely a great version of the game.

I spent 5 years at PSV, won the league each year. Went to Lille, finished second and runner up in the league after they'd finished 14th the year before.

I then went to West Ham (who'd by chance also finished 14th the year before) and it turns out they'd just had a tycoon takeover. Won the league two years in a row. As a result my manager profile now has 'Known for winning league titles' which I've never seen before.

I used the Your World start so Declan Rice was still at West Ham when I got there but was demanding a move. Sold him to PSG for £60m, so big Harry Kane vibes that he left and we won the league. However, they only signed him to a one year contract so I brought him back for free in the summer!

Couple of interesting notes - Sweden won the 2028 Euros and then defeated Norway in the 2030 World Cup final, off the back of two outrageous striker regens (both of who I had at PSV).

St Johnstone had a tycoon takeover and won the SPL in 2031 after Celtic had won it every year before then.

The Carabao Cup had 7 individual winners in the first 7 years. Torino won the Conference League and then the Europa League the following season. They shit the bed in the Champion's League after that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That sounds like the sort of dynamic world development I've been hoping for. Newly minted clubs spending their money on ambitious targets, rather than just paying more for the same players they'd normally buy, is a very welcome change.

I often like to play international management saves to see how the game world develops over time. I'll be interested to find out what happens.

• Like 1

Played a bit last night and as far as FM releases go - I would say this one is pretty bad.

The AI doesn’t make many subs, if any - they come in the final few minutes most of the time. It was an issue in the beta and hasn’t been fixed. I played a few games of the season and in five games, my opponents only made three subs across all three. One came in the 71st minute and the others were in stoppage time. All this will do is lead to teams playing a second XI by October/November time.

One other massive issue is that one of their headline announcements being the Japanese leagues being “fully licensed and playable” are not fully licensed and there are 100+ missing players (including Juan Mata). Whilst I wasn’t planning on managing in Japan, this is a massive false promise by SI. They must have known they didn’t have full approval yet, so to announce it weeks before release is really dishonest.  

On a positive note - the Tato skin has been released. 

Goalkeepers being made of glass doesn't seem to have been fixed either which is why I'm now playing in the Europa League with Alex 'oh shit I need a home grown 3rd choice' Cairns in net.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Goalkeepers being made of glass doesn't seem to have been fixed either which is why I'm now playing in the Europa League with Alex 'oh shit I need a home grown 3rd choice' Cairns in net.

Oh yeah I forgot about this one. I presume they wanted to increase the probability of a goalkeeper getting injured but whatever they did was very wrong.

I definitely had goalkeepers getting injured before though, so I don’t really understand the decision behind this one.