Football Manager 2023

Lineker

I've downloaded the FM23 demo just to look around at it. From my early prodding about it feels like FM and USM had a 21st century baby.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Checked this out and it'll be an Epic Store key. Not sure how easy it is to add graphics to that version.

Hmmm, even though it's free I would rather not having to have some other gaming thingy account or whatever. I barely use Steam as it is and if it's not as easy to download graphics I'm not too keen. I didnt do it for my FM16 game on my current laptop but I do prefer to have custom graphics if I can.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

It does appear that adding graphics/real name fixes work the same way as they do on Steam, but to the relevant file directory.

well in that case, I'll use a free amazon prime trial to get the free version of FM23 on the other launchy thingy.

I hate that games need launcher things now.  Apparently, I did have an Epic Games account because my Library has Untitled Goose Game and Civ VI in there. Which I forgot I had. *shrug*

16 hours ago, Hobo said:

well in that case, I'll use a free amazon prime trial to get the free version of FM23 on the other launchy thingy.

I hate that games need launcher things now.  Apparently, I did have an Epic Games account because my Library has Untitled Goose Game and Civ VI in there. Which I forgot I had. *shrug*

Possibly from when they were giving games away for free all the time?

4 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Possibly from when they were giving games away for free all the time?

that is probably it

I've got FM23 downloaded and I've got the name fixes files sorted.

now I need to find a download for a League of Ireland expansion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Ellis said:

Hbob Ireland Billionaire League 2k23!

Finally, we will see who the real footballing giant is - Ireland or Saudi Arabia!

I'm testing out a LOI mod that has promotion/relegation but also makes it a winter league

I'm holidaying through it to see how it handles the regional relegation thing. The first season it relegated Wexford to the wrong region but it got everyone else right.

There's another LOI mod on steam but I can't seem to download it. I assume because I don't have the game on Steam, I guess. Or my steam workshop downloads aren't working which has happened before recently. Doesn't seem to be anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Finally, we will see who the real footballing giant is - Ireland or Saudi Arabia!

I'm testing out a LOI mod that has promotion/relegation but also makes it a winter league

I'm holidaying through it to see how it handles the regional relegation thing. The first season it relegated Wexford to the wrong region but it got everyone else right.

There's another LOI mod on steam but I can't seem to download it. I assume because I don't have the game on Steam, I guess. Or my steam workshop downloads aren't working which has happened before recently. Doesn't seem to be anywhere else.

FM relegates teams based on coordinates when available. However it will end up doing things wrong whenever there's too many that should go into one and none that should go into another. It's not a perfect system.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Malenko said:

FM relegates teams based on coordinates when available. However it will end up doing things wrong whenever there's too many that should go into one and none that should go into another. It's not a perfect system.

Another thing I noticed is in the original data Wexford take part in the regional cup competition Leinster Senior Cup.

But in this database they arent in it. Its strange.

3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Another thing I noticed is in the original data Wexford take part in the regional cup competition Leinster Senior Cup.

But in this database they arent in it. Its strange.

I would have a look but unfortunately Im still playing fm21 and I can't check that database right now.

On 09/09/2023 at 12:28, Malenko said:

I would have a look but unfortunately Im still playing fm21 and I can't check that database right now.

I managed to fix it. The exact same issue happened when I made my FM16 Parkvilla save initially. I just removed all the teams registered for the competition in the editor and added them all back in and it worked.

I've been testing an improved version of my FM16 game in FM23. On FM16, I was a little more conservative with meddling with reputations. This time I'm upping reputations and setting supporter demands or whatever it is to "sign high-profile players".

It's certainly leading to massive spending a lot faster than in FM16. In three tests, Bohemians have signed Dom Solanke for 40million. In one St Pats Athletic signed Aubameyang and Harry Maguire and got to the last 16 of the Champions League in the 2nd season.

The main issue I'm having is that because there are so many Leinster based teams, inevitably, more teams get relegated from the First Division form Leinster than the Leinster Senior Division can hold. While there are fewer teams from Ulster that can be relegated to the Ulster Senior League. So you end up with teams located in the east of the country playing in the north. 

Come to think of it, who knows what happens when a team from Connaght gets relegated. There is no Connacht Senior League. I assume they'd just go to the Ulster Senior League.

I've read threads on the SI forums about getting regional relegation to work but I cannot understand it.  So I'll just live with it.

• Like 1

Its highly unlikely to be an issue for the  billionaire clubs.

The ones most effected by this are amateur clubs.  Which makes it worse.