Football Manager 2021

The Lusophone

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I find this personally offensive.

I honestly dislike it too, but being in my 21st season of this save, I can't be bothered doing pre-season exhibitions anymore. Especially since I set up like three a week for three weeks. For any other match I take the reigns.

I’ve really had the worst time sticking with a save this year. Feel like I should do one last save before I call it quits until FM22. 

Burnley and hoof-ball are calling me. I don’t think I’ve ever done that sort of save before. I’ve always wanted to get the ball on the floor and play fizzing passes. 

Started my Burnley save. Six games in and sitting mid-table about five points above relegation. Decent enough start.

Ashley Barnes went and tore his knee ligaments, so having to rotate Rodriguez and Vydra up front who are both seemingly useless. 

Dwight McNeil currently running the show from the left-wing. 

Started with a data update that puts every club under a transfer embargo until March 2021. I plan to utilise the real life summer 2021 transfers using the in-game editor when it gets to that point and maybe adding a few transfers of my own. 

Just now, Lineker said:

What data update is that @FLiam?

I think I found it on the official SI forum. I’ll see if I can find it.

It is only an editor data file that includes the transfer embargo mind. My plan is to just do the bigger transfers via the in-game editor as soon as the season ends. Plus all Burnley’s activity. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

That would be grand - thanks!

I could just send you the file actually, having trouble finding it. PM me your email address, will send over later when I get on the laptop. 

Kind of wish I wasn’t a complete sucker for realism. New season hits and having out-of-date squad pains me, and having the data updated as of 2020-21 season seems wrong. So this method is the closest I can get. :lol:

• Like 1

• Admin

I think it's because it does randomly sim the last week of results, perhaps? You'd just have to regenerate it until you were happy. Anyway, I thought I'd post it as it's the base that lollujo is using for his new rebuilding Barcelona series (where he's further tweaked it so that Barca are in massive debt and the game can't just automatically write it off as it always does).

• Like 1