Football Manager 2021

The Lusophone

38 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Does it actually work without any issues now?

What kind of issues? It seems to miss a lot of the regens outside of my knowledge sphere, even though I added a new manager to collect that information. BUT, all the regens that are active in my game suddenly feel like real people and it's amazing.

There's an issue with regens, such as my young Palestine squad having loads of dual nationals but were born in Palestine and are 100% Swedish with Swedish names and skin colour attributes...but that's an FM problem, not the pack's fault. It's trying to simulate refugee and immigration flows, but needs work.

Oh, and there's sometimes a little tiny white bit at the top of the images, but I found this kind of helpful in figuring out who was a regen and who wasn't.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 00:22, FLiam said:

Might have to give this a go tomorrow. His YouTube tutorials fairly straight forward to set it all up?

No, he's a chaotic, hyperactive maniac, however he did an updated video re installation.

It's important to stress the importance of selecting the correct view mode (which you download) which allows you to print to file (RTF) which is key to getting the correct info to export to the facepack generator. He covers everything else pretty well.

• Like 2

It's always looked cool but my game runs at a snails pace already and I can't imagine sticking all those face pictures in would help matters, not sure if that's a fair assumption?

3 hours ago, King Ellis said:

It's always looked cool but my game runs at a snails pace already and I can't imagine sticking all those face pictures in would help matters, not sure if that's a fair assumption?

Once you turn the cache off and reload, just turn the cache back on. Shouldn't slow down anything.

Small update on my game.

So Clydeback has went from West of Scotland Premier League > Lowland League > League Two > League One.

As I expected, this league has been so much harder to gain an advantage in. At one point I ended up £60k wage budget/month when I was allocated £50k in my desperate bids to gain quality players. Beforehand I could grab guys on frees quite, but now it's hard - I am semi-pro and being outbid by pro teams. Board aren't interested in investing any money yet, quite enraging.

We've struggled with a team who don't believe they can avoid relegation (I said we can do mid-table and their morale nosedived). They haven't recovered from this, and it doesn't matter what I do. We even miss penalties with a guy who has a 14 stat(!). I tried my old tactics, made a new tactic to try to accommodate all my best players which made things much worse, and now I'm using the most bizarre asymmetrical LWB, MR, DM, AMCL combination and finally won a game.

Star boy Jack Butler isn't quite the dynamo he's been and has been benched a lot, despite making it to his 150th game with me. Until...

It's almost Christmas and we finally got put on the bottom of the table. We had been losing by a goal here and there, or getting draws when we should have won, and repeatedly getting referee bias against us (according to the press). The board gave me an ultimatum. Get SEVEN points from the next FIVE games. Simple enough until I saw the next set of fixtures.

Game 1: Draw with Edinburgh City at home. We had lost the previous seven games in all competitions, so this felt good despite them being a team we should beat.
Game 2: Away, where Airdie kill us 5-1 in a derby (Airdie United were created when Airdrieonions went bankrupt and BOUGHT the original Clydebank, you should have a read about it. Think Wimbledon, MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon). I felt adrift after this.
Game 3: Another away game, but a 90th minute goal from JACK BUTLER of all people to win 1-0 against Brora Rangers who had beat us three times already this season. I have NEVER reacted to a goal in a game like this before. :lol:
Game 4: Arbroath yet to be played at home. They are 12/5/3 so far this season in 2nd place after being relegated last season. I need to win against them or...
Game 5: Alloa, away. They are 14/4/2 and runaway leaders of the league.

So of course I am procrastinating . I need 3 points. I can't just hope for two draws. I have honestly never felt such excitement playing a Football Manager game before. I love it.

EDIT:

So, we got spanked 0-3 by Arbroath, but somehow beat Alloa (the likely champions) 0-3. Never had a team so fucking unreliable in my life. I was ready for the ride to be over. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twist said:

Can we not, please?

Was meant in a complimentary and non-serious way, but genuinely sorry for the offence possibly caused to anyone. Certainly wasn't meant to sound negative, but either way, I shouldn't use clinical terms in a jokey manner.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Was meant in a complimentary and non-serious way, but genuinely sorry for the offence possibly caused to anyone. Certainly wasn't meant to sound negative, but either way, I shouldn't use clinical terms in a jokey manner.

Thank you, appreciate this post. I guess from my side I didn’t think your intent was to be negative/insult but trust me when you have ADHD you can feel scrambled at the best of times. It makes the association of ADHD with generally negative labels difficult to deal with.

Bur genuinely appreciate the responses. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Twist said:

Thank you, appreciate this post. I guess from my side I didn’t think your intent was to be negative/insult but trust me when you have ADHD you can feel scrambled at the best of times. It makes the association of ADHD with generally negative labels difficult to deal with.

Bur genuinely appreciate the responses. Thanks.

I totally agree. It's the same for OCD, ASD, etc. Describing someone as having a "disorder" just for displaying vague symptoms of the same is pretty childish and I sincerely meant my apology. Sorry, man. :(

• Like 1

So, I made a few key signings in the transfer window, and we played well with some unexpected wins and unexpected losses.

CB.pngCB1.png

I guess we kind of finished mid-table like I wanted but...fuck me. Glad it's Forfar and not us going down. I need a better striker, the number of chances squandered has been baffling.

They need to add a shout command that simply says "STOP PASSING THE FUCKING BALL TO THE OTHER FUCKING TEAM YOU FUCKING FUCKS" and this will be the best FM ever. 'Berate' just doesn't give me the satisfaction or reaction I need.

Ireland now is ranked higher than Holland in coefficients.

So long qualifying for the champions league and for 1 team the group stages of the EL, I guess. image.png

• Confused 1

"Juventus have withdrawn their offer, they can't afford the playing monthly loan fee requested."

Juve, it was £500. Because you wanted my reserve keeper for six months without any wage contribution or fee, and that's not how transfers work.

6 minutes ago, Subject Delta said:

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/2/ss-kits

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/7/standard-kits

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/15/fc-kits

Which of these three kit packs do most people use? Which looks best/covers the most teams?

Also. what's a decent dark mode skin?

Personally use the SS kits, mainly because they're closest to the FM defaults and they are the most numerous. FC's and S-Kits are less supported, most people tend to make mainly SS styles, so if you want homogeneity in your kits then SS is the best one to go to, with FC12 a distant second.

My favourite skin for FM21 is TCS V1.1 (Which has a useful instant result button I use for pre-season friendlies), but there's other good dark skins out there.

• Thanks 1