Football Manager 2024

Lineker

Still tinkering with this database and in my most recent test Finn Harps got relegated from the First Division to the Ulster Senior League.

Which was bad news for Finn Harps USL team but great news for Milford Unitedimage.png

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started a game with Dulwich Hamlet in National League South. Broke my last save and went unbeaten in the Eredivisie for five years, needed a break.

Got promoted out of National League South first season, lost in the National League playoff final second season. Won National League third season and smashed League Two, getting promoted in my first season.

Season five, and the goal is to try and survive the drop. But thanks to the Zealand method of LOANS I end up smashing it. Missed out on automatic promotion on the final day, and go into the playoffs with an A+ board approval rating. Narrowly lose to Forest Green over two legs and my approval plummets to C- for what was an average season. Pure fuming. 

Still have three of my original side at the club as well, but all have been reduced to bit part roles, though I do try and play Reise Allassani (once of Coventry fame) wherever possible because he’s the club’s all time top scorer and I want that record to stay as long as possible.

Not this football manager of course, but someone locked the old thread so here we are…

Gonna go with a double inverted full back, double libero, double mezzala, double inside forward 4-4-2 switching into a 2-2-6

• Haha 1

As we're getting to end of the lifespan of FM '23, are there any players you guys specifically try and sign in each save? 

In England, I find that Alex Scott and Cameron Humprheys are really good pick ups that can contribute relatively quickly to most teams. 

Keeper wise, there's a couple of decent ones in France, like Etienne Green and Lucas Chevalier. 

7 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

Andreas Schelderup would be that guy if he hadn't moved to Benfica in January irl.

Probably Mamardashvilli, the GK from Valencia.

Good shout on Mamardashvili. Had him for a few season on my latest save - replaced him with Chevalier.