Football Manager 2020

Lineker

Above mentioned Chelsea save ended with Liverpool winning the league, but I won all four available cups. Had Wolves in both the final of the Carabou and the FA Cup, sick of the sight of them. Juventus were the Champions League Final opponent, won 3-0 after CHO put his Ronaldo boots on and scored two and assisted the other.

I rewarded him by signing Jadon Sancho who will likely usurp him in the team, but he has just scored back to back hat tricks in pre-season :shifty:

They've only gone and done it; Alfreton into the Premier League! Got 3 players into the team of the year (no place for the guy who won young player of the year and set a record for avg rating with 7.49 like) and ended up with 94 points which would've been enough to win it in some years but West Ham kinda ran away with it this time on 103 points. Could have possibly got over 100 myself to be fair but we were already up with 3 games spare so I just rotated in some youth players to give them a look.

Thanks go largely to my young striker who isn't anything special on paper, he's only rated at 2.5 stars and his attributes aren't great, but for some reason he really went nuts this year and got 26 goals in the league, winning the golden boot. It felt like he would trade places with this other guy each year in terms of hogging the goals as last year he only got 9 but I think he already had that within the first month or two. Got goal of the season as well, went on some mazy run from within our own half and curled it in from the edge of the area. Got some help from elsewhere with my wingers chipping in a few, as well as my DLP (the aforementioned young player of the year) who keeps popping up to score long range efforts.

I always feel like we have no chance in the division above and end up getting proven wrong but the Premiership has got to be the time that comes true. Probably need to start looking at those South American wonderkids. I'd feel fairly happy with my squad as is though, I've got some people earmarked to go (hopefully with a premium price once the Premier League status kicks in) and some kids to step up. Will probably end up needing some centre mids as I had one on loan from Liverpool and a young Norweigan guy I got on a free but he would only sign a 2 year deal and I upset him by not giving in to his like 25k wage demands. He has a 14m release clause which I get offers for from smaller European teams but I can still turn them down somehow? Strange. Premier league teams are sniffing around and even Juventus but no one big has come in yet. MAkes me feel like I'd be losing someone special at a pretty cheap price but that'd be a nice chunk of change. Got like £30m and 400k wage budget to play with. Swansea just finished bottom on what looks like 600k budget and everyone else around them is around double that so this should be fun. Even if we come straight back down though, the money is going to be a big help. We started losing like 1m a month this year but we were around 12m in the black at the start of the season so have been able to ride it out. Got our new stadium ready in time for the new season which will help with ticket revenue. Liverpool are my parent club and I asked for the obligatory friendly as the first game at the new place but they said no? That's illegal! Most of the facilities are at a pretty high level. Not invested in data analysis though and I've somehow slipped on the youth facilities as that's only average compared to the excellent regular facilities. Junior coaching and recruitment I think are topped out at Exceptional, just need the youth level to move up from 3 and get our U23's into a league.

It's all pretty much going to fall apart by January anyway. Everyone has a contract with a £1m minimum release clause. I'm going to Fulham, TEOL is off to Celtic, Baddar has signed for Galatasaray, Stoker is off to Derby, and Sunderland are signing Lineker, Lars, Berober, Matt and Myke for a combined £5m.

Edit: Spurs smash our transfer record sale with a £1.4m bid for Jimmy

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

It's all pretty much going to fall apart by January anyway. Everyone has a contract with a £1m minimum release clause. I'm going to Fulham, TEOL is off to Celtic, Baddar has signed for Galatasaray, Stoker is off to Derby, and Sunderland are signing Lineker, Lars, Berober, Matt and Myke for a combined £5m.

Edit: Spurs smash our transfer record sale with a £1.4m bid for Jimmy

Dreams do come true. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Who's top goalscorer so far?

Lars, although Benji has a Lampard-esque knack of arriving late into the box to score. Summers couldn't hit a barn door. Awful.

• Like 1