Football Manager 2020

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

One thing I was wondering with this, have they managed to make it so the tactical styles prevalent in 1999 are effective or is it a retro database but with modern day tactical set-ups? Because that seems like a difficult thing to achieve and I noticed in that Lollujo video that England won the World Cup in 2002 with Alan Shearer on the left wing in a 4-2-3-1.

Yeah I noticed in that video those England tactics and immediately realized they'd have definitely done better in that era with tactics like those given where their strengths were.

I guess you could say this database isn't perfect because of that but I am certainly looking forward to implementing modern tactics with the teams of the past. That's kind of neat.

1 hour ago, MadJack said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Simpler times.

They have Campbell down as left footed when he wasn't. I'd imagine little errors like that would annoy me a lot!

Also I had no idea Andy Hinchcliffe was an England international.

31 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Wow, don't think anyone has thought about Dean Gordon or Andy Hincliffe in about 15 years.

28 minutes ago, TCO said:

They have Campbell down as left footed when he wasn't. I'd imagine little errors like that would annoy me a lot!

A 20 attribute for Long Throws means he'll be in almost all my England teams tbh.

Also on the 'little errors' front, Silvestre is 200 cm tall in the database, and only like 183 in real life.

Does the saves having the In-Game Editor enabled help remedy things like that? I haven't actually had a chance to download it myself yet. Offering the four combinations of transfer windows and the In-Game Editor on or off is a pretty neat little touch.

2 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Does the saves having the In-Game Editor enabled help remedy things like that? I haven't actually had a chance to download it myself yet. Offering the four combinations of transfer windows and the In-Game Editor on or off is a pretty neat little touch.

I've been changing some things - some positions players have are a bit off etc. I haven't touched France but there's a reason it's not playable - almost all staff and players are English.

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I'd completely forgotten that he ever played for England. It turns out he won seven caps, so I really don't know how that slipped from my memory.

I seem to recall him being in old FIFA games on England squads.

I like the idea of these games but I imagine there's not a way to set the game to start in 1999?

Because thats a level of detail that would kinda bother me.

The date is hard coded; in my opinion having the game set 20/40/60 years back is the best we'll ever get without SI getting involved in the process.

I can confirm that the 2020 Euros is being hosted by Belgium and the Netherlands, as well as the 2022 World Cup by Japan and South Korea.

However, Gianfranco Zola can't be assigned the number 25 at Chelsea on account of it being retired in his own honour <_<

• Haha 6

I love the way the game world evolves, it just comes up with some really weird things. Got through my Europa League group in top spot, played Qarabag in the last game, who's defence was made up of former Newcastle men Ciaran Clark and Fabian Schar. They also had an Irish CAM and an English striker. Not sure what made Azerbaijan so popular.

Chelsea manager got sacked and replaced by SPAL manager Vincent Kompany, who was subsequently replaced by Zinedine Zidane.

Inter are still undefeated at the top, I play them next. Mason Greenwood and Thomas Lemar have been wonderful all season, and Pepe has just come back, so hoping for bright things since I've got basically no money to spend in January.

I've got some big contract worries coming given both of my goal keepers are leaving on frees at the end of the season. Both are over 30 so can't give them a deal longer than a year, and neither are that good to be perfectly honest. My only right back is probably gonna sign a precontract deal to head to China in a week or so, my back up left back is gonna spit in my face and join Roma, and I still lack depth in attack. Beyond Greenwood, Lemar, and Pepe, there isn't much in terms of quality. Correa is perfectly servicable but he could be better. Have a few deals lined up for replacements but need the money to do them first, and the bank balance is basically non-existent so I doubt the board are gonna give me more cash.

For a 17 year old those physicals and mentals are really good. His positioning and work rate would need focus but that's doable at such a young age. 

England save - came second in the Euros to France. Pickford with a howler in the final whereas Lloris played amazingly to deny Sterling, Sancho and Rashford multiple times. 2-1 to them.

Deschamps resigns afterwards and then...

Spoiler

unknown.png

I mean the World Cup was the idea of Jules Rimet... a Frenchman... it would be coming home if I won it... right?