Football Manager 2020

Lineker

Of course they had to do a four hour stream beforehand combing through every detail of the database before releasing it. I was about to get ready for bed before this popped up:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/15d_GGutXbYN27fIycRW-9tI1oWYNn6hl?pli=1

EDIT - They changed the access link to a 'request access' one within seconds of me posting. Won't be surprised if it changes again.

Merge: And they're still having problems with it. Might be best to wait until morning...

Update/Merge 2: They uploaded it with free editing access and someone deleted it from the folder xD

Edited by Naitch

When do you guys use the trigger extention option? If you know you want to keep the player, does it matter if you do it straight away, or wait til there's a year left? Will they get pissed off if they're unsettled and you're essentially forcing the extra year?

2 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

The absolute cheek of it when you have a player who's contract is expiring and you get a transfer bid of £0 but with you paying some of their wages :lol:

I've had to double check every transfer of someone who's contract is nearly up thanks to letting one guy leave and only notice after hitting confirm that I was going to be paying most of his wages. Cheeky fuckers but I'd try the exact same thing in their place

• Like 1

Serie A is a strange place.

10 games down, I'm currently 3rd, three points off Inter in first, having just taken my first loss of the season against Brescia, who are now 4th. The same Brescia who only won 6 games last year as they came 16th, and have now matched that win total. There's no real standout player in their team, so I'm not really sure what's happened to them.

Conversely, Lazio finished 6th last year and now can't buy a win, subsequently sat above the relegation places in 16th. Napoli came 4th last year, currently 10th.

Inter are unbeaten at top, and they're definitely going to be the team to beat. Suspect I'll need to win both games against them if I want any chance of winning the title, but I'll settle for Champions League qualification this year.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1utnM0SaIl8ssVJEVo35D2HnnvYk-gTUy

The 99-00 database for FM20. Playable leagues from England, Scotland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, and the United States. Fairly comprehensive kits and face packs too.

Feedback is being encouraged as its officially still considered a beta; this link will get you into their Discord for 24 hours after this post to make suggestions directly.

• Like 1

No, that's the one big thing they couldn't change apparently. Making the database for exactly 20 seasons earlier eliminates most of the issues surrounding it though; international tournaments still come up at the right intervals (though I'm not sure if hosts have been altered) so Rooney is still 18 for Euro 2004/2024, for example. You effectively just have to make a mental note to subtract 20 years from the in-game date, player/staff birthdays, and the like.

1 hour ago, ADG said:

Ah the year of John Barnes at Celtic. Good times...

On a similar SPL note, I wonder if they’ve been able to implement the league moving from 10 to 12 teams at the end of the season.

Edited by metalman

One thing I was wondering with this, have they managed to make it so the tactical styles prevalent in 1999 are effective or is it a retro database but with modern day tactical set-ups? Because that seems like a difficult thing to achieve and I noticed in that Lollujo video that England won the World Cup in 2002 with Alan Shearer on the left wing in a 4-2-3-1.

• Haha 2

Just now, Adam said:

One thing I was wondering with this, have they managed to make it so the tactical styles prevalent in 1999 are effective or is it a retro database but with modern day tactical set-ups? Because that seems like a difficult thing to achieve and I noticed in that Lollujo video that England won the World Cup in 2002 with Alan Shearer on the left wing in a 4-2-3-1.

Without accessing the match engine I don't think that's possible - they can certainly change things in the database like staff members preferred formations etc etc, but they can't turn back the clock.

Also, doing an England save - first squad shaping up like this:

Spoiler

image.png