Football Manager 2020

Lineker

15 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Alright lads, should I sign this lad for £10m up front, potentially £23m

dLAUfuE.png

My scout with 18 for judging potential rates him at five star potential. 

Yes, and use him as an enganche in the future if you can.

Had a bit of an inadvertent break from the game but been back into it recently, Nations League 26/27 has been frankly absurd for Norway. Ran away with it in a group of Wales, Greece and Serbia, winning 5 and drawing 1, securing our place amongst the big boys in Division A. Even that draw was a last minute eqauliser from Wales at their place. Scored a whopping 26 goals along the way which is more than double every other group winner in B. Haaland got 12 goals, including 7 across the two Wales games. His nearest rivals were compatriot Hakon Evjen and Portugese Fabio Silva on 6 a piece. Highlight of the group was smashing Greece 8-0 away. Quite happy to have got them in the Euro qualifiers as well along with Andorra, Bulgaria, Luxemborg and Turkey so should hopefully be able to win that. Turkey are top seeds (we're 2nd) and we're only two places behind them in the rankings.

I am absolutely sick of late sucker-punches in games I've dominated. Fed up to the back teeth of it. I started conceding loads of goals from set pieces so I spent a ton of time reading up on set piece tactics, plenty of time crafting them in the Set Piece Creator and trying to iron it out and I'm still sat here frustrated after watching my team dominate a game, have 60%+ possession and 25 shots, lead 2-0 for most of the game then concede two goals in the last ten minutes, one in injury time from slack marking at a set piece.

Nothing I do seems to fix it and it's just maddening.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Adam said:

I am absolutely sick of late sucker-punches in games I've dominated. Fed up to the back teeth of it. I started conceding loads of goals from set pieces so I spent a ton of time reading up on set piece tactics, plenty of time crafting them in the Set Piece Creator and trying to iron it out and I'm still sat here frustrated after watching my team dominate a game, have 60%+ possession and 25 shots, lead 2-0 for most of the game then concede two goals in the last ten minutes, one in injury time from slack marking at a set piece.

Nothing I do seems to fix it and it's just maddening.

What mentality are you on in the last ten minutes?

On this occasion, it was set to Positive and had been for the entire game but this has happened in home and away games against teams of varying ability where I've had several different mentalities ranging from Cautious to Attacking.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

On this occasion, it was set to Positive and had been for the entire game but this has happened in home and away games against teams of varying ability where I've had several different mentalities ranging from Cautious to Attacking.

Better game management may have saved some of those games for you - your tactic could be amazing but your players are going to tire regardless in the last 10 to 20 minutes and shutting up shop can help in a number of instances. Even if its just putting your fullbacks onto less attacking roles so you have more players back late on or turning off overlaps etc.

• Thanks 1

I think it largely depends on which Brexit you get. On the Glory Hunter save, Scotland remained, but given I'd left England by the time it took effect I never really saw it play out. The biggest thing I noticed was Harry Wilson and Connor Gallagher counting as non-EU players whilst I was at Sevilla.

Anybody who's played the '99/'00 database... does the Worthington/League Cup ever get scheduled? I've done a separate watch-along game and I'm nearly in November and it hasn't been scheduled yet.

21 minutes ago, Troy said:

Anybody who's played the '99/'00 database... does the Worthington/League Cup ever get scheduled? I've done a separate watch-along game and I'm nearly in November and it hasn't been scheduled yet.

It's being looked at for the next release as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

It's a fantastic project but, with all of the minor issues, I've not actually put much time into the 99/00 database. I think I got to the end of September with a Chelsea save before I gave up thanks to the Champions League registration glitch and losing Poyet, my only attacking midfielder, and Goldbaek, my only right midfielder, until Xmas thanks to injuries. That wouldn't necessarily have been a problem if I could've brought some more players in, but the real life 2019 transfer ban was still in effect as of the initial launch. Thankfully fixing that is one of their priorities.

Just unearthed this gem on my longstanding FM12 San Marino Challenge save:

PbEQNd7.jpg

It's 2030 and San Marino still haven't ever qualified for an international tournament, although I did manage to finish 4th of 6 in the 2028 World Cup qualifiers.