Football Manager 2020

Lineker

I've noticed this before but it just happened once again in my game. I'm in a league you can only register 4 foreigners. I just started managing a team with 5 foreigners. I can't use one of them at all so I decided to transfer list him hoping to get something back when he leaves. Hopefully soon. 

He got upset so I have to try to calm him down because he has friends on the team. I have plenty of options to use but none of them is "I just happen to have too many foreigners". The closest option would be saying Your position is loaded so you won't be getting any playing time, but the problem is that's not true at all. He's still good and  better than most in my team. It just so happens every other foreigner is better.

They could fix this. It's been like this forever. :(

On 08/08/2020 at 12:55, Naitch said:

Just had this as a 2014 World Cup knockout stages on FM12 (I was just playing as Chelsea so no involvement from me):

nfFxRpE.jpg

All of the "big guns" on one half of the draw and getting knocked out by Uruguay or England, except for Germany on the other side going down to the United States in extra time. Meanwhile, Switzerland sneak through by a single goal or on penalties in every match after pipping France and South Africa (all on 6 points) to top their group on goal difference. Imagine if that happened in real life. Mad!

The only real shock of the group stage was Holland finishing last in their group with Morocco, Colombia, and Serbia. Italy finished third after losing to Mexico and failing to beat Argentina in the final game. If Italy had won then Switzerland would've faced whoever had the second best goal difference of the three.

In a hilarious update to this, I'm managing England now and Switzerland finished last in our Euro 2016 group after three losses, with just one goal scored (by Timm Klose against Croatia).

The Swiss had topped our qualification group after tonking us 4-0, with Scotland qualifying via the playoffs and also somehow being drawn into the same main tournament group. I think Scotland topped the group on least goals conceded as three teams finished on 6 points, as well as both England and Scotland having +3 goal difference. We beat Scotland 3-2 before smashing Switzerland 3-0 when I decided to go with a flat 5-3-2.

No European glory for England as, although we comfortably beat Ukraine in the second round, France won 2-1 aet in the quarters after Phil Jones got himself sent off in the 80th minute. I think I've only ever won the Euros once on any FM game, not sure why I struggle with it so much considering I've won the World Cup at least four times (including three times in a row with none other than Phil Jones as my captain) across multiple saves.

18 minutes ago, mattu29 said:

has anyone played online games with mates? is it possible to do this with a custom database?

Should work fine, never done multi on fm20 but the framework is the same as years past.

The host only needs the database hosted, and everyone else can join. As long as the game is on the same patches.

• Like 1

Here I am trying to tell the players I can't afford to give them new contracts and the in game news is reporting that we're the most profitable team in the Premiership to the tune of £60m.

Homer simpson season 5 episode 4 GIF - Find on GIFER