Football Manager 2020

Lineker

I finally got around to playing my Pyramid game with Bromley after playing other saves for months. Just wrapped up the League One season, and it's a 4th straight promotion, and 3 out of the 4 have been league titles! We won the league by 5 points over Charlton, but we had it sealed with a few games to go. Leeds will hilariously be in League One for a 3rd straight season, missing out on the Playoffs by 2 points to finish in 10th. I love it too because I applied for their job during this season, and they instead hired someone else. So suck on that, losers.

The regen Northern Irishman I had for one season in League Two was sold against my will to West Brom, but turning £5k into £950k was pretty great. I actually used some of those funds for this season, spending £105k on 4 players. The most was on a holding midfielder who did good, but not great. 

Jamil Adam continues to be a FM12 legend, tallying 14g and 4a in 43 games. His stats were his worst yet, predictably, but his fitness levels were a huge help. Joseph Dadoo came back on loan for a second season and was the main striker, scoring 24 goals in 44 appearances. Somehow one of my best players was a Bromley original, left winger Ryan Dolby, with 8g and 14a in 42 appearances. 

I'm understandably expecting my success to end in the Championship. I'm also worried about finances. While I turned a transfer profit of around £850k, I didn't bring as much money in from the cups. I won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and got a 3rd round FA Cup clash against Arsenal, but it was at home so I didn't get that huge ticket sale revenue. As of now we've somehow lost over £900k, although I'm hoping there's still income coming in between this last game and then finances are finalized for the season.

FM20:  4.3GB

Facepack: 12GB

Logos: 7GB

Failing your PhD so you can win the Champions League with Leyton Orient: Priceless

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

well shit. Guess I'm getting Epic Store then.

EDIT- Obviously not using it for FM, but does Epic Store have Switch controller support?

Six games into the season and I've already brought the type of football to Leyton Orient that Myke would have appreciated...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Finally playing FM20 and giving it an honest go. It's definitely a lot to try to get used to do FM12. I like the tactics being so vast, and while the shouts in match are okay, I don't like that you can only do one at a time. I'm assuming a shout lasts for 10-15 minutes? Just seems to make sense being able to do more than one.

I'm also definitely not fond of the scouting at all. It seems like I have no control over what regions the scouts are working on, and it all just seems very poor, truthfully.

Graphics sure are different now though 😂

Scouting has always been a big gripe of mine in FM20. It's annoying when they keep coming to you with a random player "currently playing at a 3.Liga level". Like thanks buddy, I can find a player like that on my own. I get that it might be more realistic in that sense but it just sends me scrambling to the internet to find good players instead. Which isn't in the "spirit of the game".

Shouts are sometimes beneficial, but some of the player reactions make no sense. I use them but I get nervous about using them in important matches. Against weaker opposition they usually don't swing the balance, but against a good team it gets worrisome.

Also, tactically just go with a 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress, game is kind of broken to favor those tactics.

10 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Finally playing FM20 and giving it an honest go. It's definitely a lot to try to get used to do FM12. I like the tactics being so vast, and while the shouts in match are okay, I don't like that you can only do one at a time. I'm assuming a shout lasts for 10-15 minutes? Just seems to make sense being able to do more than one.

I'm also definitely not fond of the scouting at all. It seems like I have no control over what regions the scouts are working on, and it all just seems very poor, truthfully.

Graphics sure are different now though 😂

You can set up their assignments yourself, and assign them regions. 

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

You can set up their assignments yourself, and assign them regions. 

I didn't realize I wasn't in charge of scouting, so that's why I couldn't edit any of it like I'm used to. Got it sorted out now, thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2020 at 22:19, Gazz said:

FM20:  4.3GB

Facepack: 12GB

Logos: 7GB

Failing your PhD so you can win the Champions League with Leyton Orient: Priceless

Season 1: Got Orient promoted straight away on the back of Lee Angol's 25 goals before Christmas and 10 afterwards. Went 16 games unbeaten at one point and then won 1 in 8. Limped over the line in 2nd behind Bradford.

Going to get pummelled in League One.

• Like 1

I delegated out contracts and renewals because it always seems to save about 40% on wages. My DoF Martin Ling just mutually terminated his own son's contract.

Savage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I delegated out contracts and renewals because it always seems to save about 40% on wages. My DoF Martin Ling just mutually terminated his own son's contract.

Savage.

Gazz Jnr will now being his own Pentagon

I’m taking part in an FM20 draft. As I joined in season 4 I was allowed 2 picks to start as all the other teams were allowed to keep 2 players who weren’t their first pick the previous season or the first picks.

I went for Muller and Lacazette.

I’m considering Wenger or Poch as my manager (Bielsa and Nagelsmann are the next choices)

The all play attack minded football and like young players so I have a few wonder kids on my wish list and a few other solid players.

Anyone have any ideas of not top 100 picks who will definitely make my team?

Since i'll probably not pick up FM21 until a while, I decided to dust off FM20 to get my fix again.

New challenge, got myself a Luxembourg pyramid database mod.

Managing Red Star Merl-Belair in the 3. Divisioun, which is actually the fifth level of Luxembourgish football. The level is so low that it's honestly a bit of a pistake and I am leading the league with 27 points after 10 games (out of 27). Shouldn't cost much effort to get promotion.

The bigger challenge is that I also took the reigns of the Luxembourgish national team, and my goal is to get success with them.

Kinda like a San Marino challenge, but instead of having the fortune of getting a team into a major european league like the SMC has, even getting to the highest level of Luxembourgish football only puts my team in a 1.5* reputation league where no team is fully pro.

Currently my house rules include not signing any brazilians or other high potential/cheap prospects with the aim of getting them a passport. Every player that walks through the door has to come through a youth intake or otherwise have a Luxembourgish passport already.

Fortunately, seems that Germany, Belgium, and somehow Portugal produce players with Luxembourgish passports, so the hope of building up talent through those countries.

As Luxembourg itself my two best results are draws against Lithuania and Ukraine respectively in the Euro Qualifiers. I'm fully expecting my status as nuisance will continue for quite some time still.